We all stepped out of the vehicle and onto the crowded sidewalk. "We are, but I had to make a stop first. It's a party so you guys might like it!"

He led us towards the front door of the condo, knocking three times and then turning to face Thomas and I. "You guys look good. Just uh," his brown eyes looked around, "don't take anything that people give you, and don't ask questions." His words were more so directed at me, and I was beginning to put two and two together. We must've been at this party to deliver drugs. Ed was aware that Thomas had a history with using so he didn't need the warning, but I did. Suddenly a chill rushed up my dress, I tugged at the hem trying to breathe and relax. Fear wasn't what I was feeling, it was more concern. Thomas told me about his past and how he used drugs, but he never really told me how bad it was. I wasn't sure if him being in an environment surrounded by rich junkies was a good thing. There wasn't anymore time to turn away as the huge bolted door opened revealing a middle aged Latino wearing jeans and a tee shirt. He kind of resembled Thomas, with his smooth gelled hair and dashing smile. He saw Ed first and gave him one of those Bro hugs, then his eyes wavered to us two foreigners.

Ed pointed his thumb back at us, "These cats are dope, they know the drill." He sounded certain and confident, but the guy let his eyes linger on us for a moment longer before he finally settled and let us in. There was music blasting from two large mounted speakers, red couches were pressed against the walls and about 30 other people were just lounging around. But it wasn't the awesome interior design that caught my eye; it was the white power that was pretty much strewn around on every flat surface. It was like one of those crack houses you see on Law & Order, where the girls are sitting on the floor laughing with each other while snorting shit up. The guys are sitting in chairs like lords, staring at the sexiest woman in the room.

I followed Thomas closely, when the Latino guy pulled Ed to the side and whispered a few words. I saw his finger point in our direction and it seemed like he was making sure we were kosher. Again, Ed showed no doubt on his face and patted the guys shoulder. He then took the backpack off and was about to unzip it when the guy stopped him and motioned for them to go somewhere private. Now it was just Thomas and I, standing against a black painted wall like rebellious wallflowers. Everyone was too busy snorting, smoking, or drinking to take notice. Everyone besides one of the lordish men who kept gawking at me. I hated the way he smirked in my direction, like I was something he could eat. Thankfully he was on the opposite side of the room.

"Loosen up!" Thomas nudged my shoulder, and smiled a little.

"Shit dude, you didn't mention that we were coming here." I tried to speak above the rap music that seemed to only contain curse words.

Thomas shrugged, "These places are everywhere, just people wanting to let loose and chill," it was too dark in the condo for me to see his usually brown eyes, "But I didn't think you'd be scared."

I crossed my arms, "Bitch I'm not scared!"

He just laughed and made a 'sure' facial expression, "Right, so why aren't you hitting on any of these girls? And why do you keep staring at the dust on the tables?"

"You can't blame me for being a little shocked!"

"True," he shrugged, "but it's not anything to be surprised about. People do drugs, that's just life."

I turned to the side to face him, the way he had spoken those words was depressing. Obviously he was referring to himself when he said 'people', and I was worried that being here might be overwhelming. I decided to try and be a good friend, "You sure you're gonna be alright around all of this?"

He stared at me and I thought he was going to flip out, he just nodded before pulling me down a hallway. That hallway led us to a kitchen with floor to ceiling windows and gray cabinets. I was happy to see that the kitchen was empty. My legs hopped up on a stool as Thomas opened the stainless steel fridge. He pulled out two beers and shut the double doors, then went to the opposite side  of the island counter and slid me one.