.27

"There is a magnificent, beautiful, wonderful painting in front of you! It is intricate, detailed, a painstaking labor of devotion and love! The colors are like no other, they swim and leap, they trickle and embellish! And yet you choose to fixate your eyes on the small fly which has landed on it! Why do you do such a thing?"
- C. JoyBell C.

Remember that game everyone played back in elementary school? What was it, step on a crack, break your mothers back? Well apparently the nearest police station was almost 40 minutes away, and Molly doesn't miss it's time frame. Now this cop was having the hardest time getting me inside of the station, all because I kept refusing to step on the cracks in the sidewalk.

"No! No! Watch the fuck out!" I jumped over the slab of concrete and onto the safe zone, laughing my ass off.

The male cop whose name was Jeremy based on the badge from his uniform, kept dragging me by the hand cuffs until we were inside of the station. The station was empty besides a few other cops watching tv, according to the clock on the wall it was almost midnight.

Jermey pulled me into a room and told me to sit in the metal chair, "Boo! Jeremy! Don't leave me here alone!"

He just rolled his eyes and closed the door to the room, making sure to lock it. I groaned for like a second, but then started laughing again. There was one of those mirror/windows in the room which let me see my reflection. I stood from the chair and walked to it, taking my fist and knocking on it repeatedly. "Helloooo from the other side! Can anyone see me?"

When I didn't stop knocking, Jeremy returned with another cop by his side. He had a camera and a few pieces of paper, "Look, you're obviously high on something. What did you take?"

I shrugged and started making funny faces, "I don't really know, but it rhymes with Polly! Oh my gosh, is Polly your wife's name?"

He slammed his hands on the metal table, and his partner decided to speak up sensing that he was growing annoyed. "I'm officer Griggs, I need to know your name. What's your name?"

"Griggs? That sounds like a name off of one of those cop shows! How awesome!"

Jeremy stood up again, this time coming really close to my face. He was much taller than I was and extremely muscular, "I've got you pinned for possible possession, trying to flee the scene, and once we get your blood test, we'll have more than enough ammo to put you behind bars for a long time. If I were you, I'd reach into your fuzzy ass brain and give us your name so that we can call someone to help you."

My laughing stopped, but not because I was afraid, because I had to puke. I gripped my stomach and covered my mouth, Officer Griggs scattered from the room quickly and returned with a trash can. The bile almost didn't make it into the can. Both of them watched as I heaved the turkey sandwich from the dance and then beer from the condo. My butt sat in the metal chair and I wiped my mouth with the napkin Jeremy handed me.

Suddenly my head was aching extremely badly, I just wanted to sleep. "My name's Tanner Dawson. But I don't have family down here." I leaned my arm on the cold metal table and my forehead as well.

The two cops glanced at each other, then Jeremey spoke, "Alright, Griggs is gonna get you through booking before you pass out."

They whispered a few things and then Jeremy left Griggs to start taking my prints and getting my lousy statement. The whole booking process took a little over half an hour. Griggs took my picture, confiscated my cell phone which had been shoved in my bra, asked me stupid questions about who owned the place and if I knew anyone else from that party. Of course I wasn't going to snitch on anyone. Ultimately by the end of it, I was craving to fall asleep wherever I was, which currently was in a metal chair laying against the table.