.26

**The chapter below contains reference to drug usage. I don't recommend using drugs for any purpose other than that medically prescribed.... **
-CC

I saw her sitting on a bench, watching Ed pull out of the parking lot. She didn't look angry, just a little confused. Then the car hit the street and she was out of view.

All throughout the dance, I felt her watching me. The ocean blue couldn't be faded by the darkness in the gymnasium. Even when I was gripping Alexandra tightly, I knew her eyes were locked in. Somehow, knowing that she was watching, made me want to keep kissing Alexandra. I kept asking myself why she was basically staring at me all night, I pinned it on the fact that I had cursed at her during our last session. But then a part of me contemplated the idea that she was watching me because I looked good, and she couldn't help herself. It was probably not the truth, but still a possibility. After all, Thomas seemed convinced that she had feelings for me. I had my reservations, but ultimately it seemed way too far fetch for someone of her 'status' to have a thing for me.

Ed's Ford veered down the dark salt lake streets, it was nearing 9:30 PM and I was sitting alone in the backseat. My eyes darted forward when the blasting rap music came to a halt and I caught Ed glancing at me through the rear view.

"You all good back there Tan?" He asked in his monotonous voice.

I smirked before leaning forward on the middle console, he was dressed in whitewash jeans with rips and a black button up. His hair had grown out and was in wild curls across his head, but I bet the females went crazy for it. "Awe, are you worried about me?"

Thomas laughed as Ed tried to pay attention to both the road and our conversation. "Nah, you were just quiet back there."

"She's probably still thinking about Alexandra... or maybe, Ms Allen." Thomas joked and covered his face because he knew I was about to smack him.

"Damn, you gotta thing for your teacher?" Ed sounded impressed yet shocked.

I sat back again, there was nothing to be impressed about. The words came out as more of a whisper, "She's a bitch."

He must've heard me cause he laughed out loud as we came to a red light. The area we were approaching was flashing with bars and clubs. Neon lights covered the streets and the sidewalks were filled with slim women and well dressed men. I should've been excited, thrilled and hopeful. The entire dance Alexandra was amazing. We laughed and danced a little, then we went behind the stage and made out. She was slow with her kisses, but they were passionate and they drew me in. The way she grazed my bottom lip while tugging on my hair softly, the way her warm tongue roamed my mouth like a lost navigator. I wanted her in my bed. She would've been in my bed if it weren't for Thomas busting us because Ed showed up. I wasn't completely upset that he disrupted the moment, because there was a part of me that felt bad. Alexandra was a nice girl, she wasn't overly clingy like Gwen, but she didn't want to be a one night stand either. She wanted more from me than make outs and sex, I could tell just from the way she smiled at me. It was in her eyes, that deep longing that I had seen and crushed so many times. They all wanted me to choose them. To settle down and be in a committed relationship, even though they knew it wasn't something I could do. Not because I didn't want to, just because I... couldn't.

Suddenly the car stopped, but we weren't at Ed's huge house. We were outside of some kinda penthouse or condo. It was nearby all the clubs and bars, I guess you could say it was downtown. It was three stories high and the rent must've been obnoxious. "What are we doing here? I thought we were going back to your place?" I questioned as Thomas unbuckled his seatbelt and Ed cut the engine. The brown skinned boy reached underneath the leather seat and retrieved a backpack. He unzipped it and checked for something before closing it. Thomas seemed to know something that I didn't, maybe that was for the best.