Beyond the Veil

*totally didnt steal the chapter name from Lindsey*

------

Link stood near the fireplace, watching as the flames flickered. He made no sounds. He could hear a pem scribbling something against paper. President Hirai was sitting down at his desk but Link didn't care. He wanted answers.

And he wanted them now.

The doors opened.

"Sakurai-san," President Hirai said. Link turned around to see President Sakurai walking through.

"Hirai-san," he bowed. He stood up straight and looked at Link, "Link," He said. Link only stared at him, "Come sit down," Link walked over and sat down next to President Sakurai, "President Hirai, what has happened? Has Link caused any problems?"

"No... He thinks that..." President Hirai rubbed his eyes and sighed, "He thinks we're behind what is happening at your Smash Bros. academy,"

"Link," Sakurai stood up. Link didn't dare not to look at him.

Sakurai was the only person who actually put fear into Link...

"You cannot go around accusing people without evidence like that," Sakurai ran a hand through his hair and sat down, "I understand you are distressed and we are trying, but maybe the person behind this is not them."

"Besides, we are on good terms with all of you," President Hirai smiled, "Link remembers this specifically as-"

"He was the one who pestered all of us to sort an agreement between us," Sakurai finished. Link had a flashback about it and a small smile appeared on his face.

"Yes... I remember that..."

"Sakurai-san, we are all giving you our deepest sympathies to your academy. Please, if there is anything we can do to help you..." President Hirai said. Sakurai shook his head.

"No, President Hirai, please. I don't want to cause you anymore trouble as it is. I think putting you back on the innocent side in Link's eyes was good enough for us," Sakurai smiled.

"Umm... President Hirai?" Link spoke up, rather timidly.

"Yes, Link?"

"You said President Sakurai would be of use to us...?" Link said.

"What?" President Sakurai said, "What do you mean?"

"Shall I tell him?" President Hirai, "About what happened after the incident of the millennium?" President Sakurai froze up, "It might help him in some ways..."

"But, I swore to keep this a secret between you and-"

"And...?" President Hirai asked, raising one eyebrow, "Am I hearing that you have a lady in your life?" He smirked. President Sakurai blushed. Link was stunned, "Who's the luck-"

"Look, nevermind that. Listen, Link, let me tell you a story... About what happened after the Incident of 2000..." Sakurai-san held out his hand and soon, a ball of energy had appeared. It floated slowly into the air and soon burst into a multitude of colours before they were taken away from the office and into a flashback.

---------

When President Sakurai left, he looked back to see if anyone was following him and he began running. Not too far away from the academy was an abandoned warehouse.

Sakurai burst through the doors and thrusted his hands forward, a yellow stream of energy escaping from it. Everything in the place was trashed. On the floor, was something that Sakurai wanted, or somebody. Sakurai walked in and picked him up by the back of his collar.