alright

everyone say it with me now

JACK 👏 WOULD 👏 NOT 👏 HURT 👏 KATHERINE 👏 EVEN 👏 IF 👏 HIS 👏 LIFE 👏 DEPENDED 👏 ON 👏 IT

why do some fanfictions portray jack as an abusive boyfriend? like? what?¿

honestly there's no way jack would ever hurt katherine intentionally and there's several reasons why

1. "if you weren't a girl, you'd be trying to talk with a fist in your mouth"

2. he's just such a protective person. i feel like if katherine ever got hurt by someone he'd go on like a manhunt to find the person who hurt her.

3. he didn't want to resort to violence unless it was necessary during the strike. he didn't want to fight other newsies/scabs to make a point. it was only when the delanceys, wiesel, snyder, and the police showed up during their strike that violence was used.

4. he allowed katherine the ability to throw a punch at him on the rooftop when he could have easily hit her first.

5. katherine's father, for god's sake. if mr. pulitzer found out that jack hurt katherine, then the only way for jack to escape his wrath would be to already be in santa fe.

6. when the people he loves are hurt, he's in such an immense amount of distress. for example, crutchie. he cares so much for crutchie and after the strike he learns to care equally as much for katherine.

7. he left behind his dream of going to santa fe so he could stay with katherine and the newsies.

SO

PLEASE DON'T MAKE JACK AN ABUSIVE PERSON BECAUSE THAT'S JUST NOT HIS PERSONALITY

also please comment more reasons because i know there are more but my tiny brain can't come up with more