Prologue

It's been a year since I left France to go back to America. A year since I left my friends. A year since I left Adrien. A year since I've left my new life behind, and returned to my old one. I've reunited with my old friends in New York, and it was nice, I missed them. But it's not the same.

Having a life in New York may seem fun and exciting to the ones who have never been here yet, but honestly, it's just the same as any other place in the world. There are a lot of fun activities to do here, and the city looks stunning at night, but as a model, I don't have any time to just sit back and enjoy.

I barely even have any time to go to an actual school, and that's why I'm home schooled. I always have a schedule to follow every single day and it gets boring. I feel like I'm a robot doing the exact same things every day. And I can't go on like this anymore. I need a change.

I need to go back.

And a simple offer from a magazine company solved my problems. They asked my father for permission to let me model for their magazines, and they even are willing to give a lot of money. Of course, being a business manager, my father didn't let an offer like that slide and immediately agreed. Why was this so important to me?

The magazine company was in Paris.

Once I found out, I nearly leaped for joy. I decided to make my arrival there a surprise.

But in the end, I was the one surprised as well.

People say change is good. But in my situation, I wish I could turn back time.

They didn't expect my arrival.

But I also didn't expect this kind of welcome.