fourteen

song #14: just give me a reason (acoustic ver.) - nicole cross

march 5th, 2016, 8:27pm

"jinyoung," jihoon gritted his teeth, "you were the one who told her, weren't you?"

there was a long, ominous silence at the other end of the line. jinyoung gulped in fear, and jihoon felt his blood boil; his fear had been confirmed.

"yah!" he barked as he punched his pillow, "why did you have to tell her that? are you stupid or something? you know-"

"know what, jihoon? know what? if she hung out with you any longer, she'd be dead! i know that, you know that. so why are you still talking to her?" jinyoung protested and jihoon stopped for a moment.

"b-but, i'll protect her, okay? i'll be there to make sure she's fine and all, and i will make sure she's safe, make sure she's-" he heard jinyoung snort.

"good luck on that, jihoon. but let me tell you, if this keeps up, i'll make sure to call the funeral services sooner or later." jihoon felt as if he just got stabbed in the heart.

"w-why are you t-talking like this, jinyoung?" jihoon felt his voice crack as he hung his head low. "you're the only one who knew how i felt about her. so why? just one reason, give me one simple one," he sniffed softly, and jinyoung allowed a silence to hang in between them for a minute or two, before he spoke. 

"jihoonie, i-i just don't want you to get hurt again. i want you to be happy forever, you do know that right?" he sighed before continuing, "but if you want to continue to be with her, i'll be here to support you throughout, alright? i'm sorry for telling her, jihoon, i just didn't want you to go through another loss in your life, on top of you know, doyeon," he explained, his own voice beginning to crack. by now, jihoon was crying softly to himself.

"jinyoung-ah," he started. "remember what you promised me, right?" jinyoung hummed in reply. "you'll never leave me no matter what, right?" jinyoung laughed weakly on the other end. "of course, i even freaking promised you, idiot." 

-

march 7th, 2016, 4:30pm

"bye, hyung!" minhyun hugged jihoon like he always would after their every session. jihoon hugged the smaller boy and wished him luck for his next check-up, telling him to always believe in miracles. "i'll try, for you, hyung," he whispered and bro-fisted jihoon. 

as jihoon gave him a final wave and closed the door behind him. he turned around quickly and bumped forcefully into a smaller, petite figure. he gasped and held her shoulders quickly, apologising profusely. the girl looked up into jihoon's eyes.

"jihoon."

nina's breath hitched unsteadily as she quickly tried to get away from jihoon. jihoon grabbed her wrist instinctively. she struggled, without turning back. jihoon rolled his eyes at her weak attempt and pulled her closer to him, spinning her into his arms. she gasped at his gesture and jihoon chuckled playfully. 

"coffee? you don't seem too busy anyway," jihoon suggested with a deep voice and nina was still looking into his deep, brown eyes with a shocked expression painted on her face. she gulped before nodding quickly.

"i-i'll g-get changed first, and meet you here in 5 minutes, okay?" she scrambled from his grip and jihoon pouted before letting her go. "don't try to escape, yah? you'll need to come by here anyway later," he winked at her and she smiled weakly before running off. 

once nina was out of sight, jihoon looked into minhyun's room through the small window on his door. minhyun gave him a big thumbs-up and jihoon returned it. "fighting!" he mouthed and jihoon returned the adorable gesture. 

nina returned back as fast as she could, and jihoon laughed at how much of a mess she looked with her bags and uniform. he offered to carry her bags as they walked out, and after much hesitation, nina complied.

as they were walking to jihoon's car, they heard somebody call out nina's name. jihoon stood on guard, his body beginning to tense as he turned around, along with nina. "new boyfriend?" a fellow nurse questioned loudly from the other end of the carpark. nina's cheeks quickly flushed as she shook her head furiously. "friend, friend," she mouthed frantically and jihoon could not help but laugh, earning a glare from nina. 

"can we quickly get to the cafe?" she whined and clambered into jihoon's car before he could. jihoon could not seem to wipe the stupid grin off his face as he got into the car as well.

"we have so much to talk about, it's been way too long." jihoon chuckled as he began to drive out of the carpark.

"dude," nina started as jihoon looked into her eyes, "it's been like, five days."

-

i love nina lmao

but heY! this is so hilarious i literally forgot it was friday yesterday i'm sorry i just found out it was friday 10 mins before it was saturday why am i like this

and guess who's exams are over! i'm going to drown myself in wanna one go and heyotv and weekly idol now go me

and oH tysm for getting this to 3k?? small number to some of yall uhmsyifuhm but im really happy thank you so so much and i hope you will continue to love this book and park jihoon!

dedication: lambskwer for being a silent snek weewoo i hope you will continue to cry! and! die! over the woojin & youngmin pictures i send :-) 

have a great week everybody! 

stay smelly

love, twinkle.