eleven

song #11: diamond crystal - exo-cbx

march 1st, 2016, 4:03pm

jihoon stared at the file, too afraid to open it up. detective yoon sat opposite him patiently, as well as jinyoung, who was next to him. he took a deep breath and and scanned through the first page. immediately, he slapped his hand over his mouth to stop himself from screaming.

"i don't believe this, this could not have happened."

detective yoon extended his hand to jihoon's other hand while jinyoung wrapped a supportive arm around jihoon. jihoon tried to stifle his sobs of disbelief and agony. this was too much to comprehend for him at the moment; many questions were running through his mind as he closed his eyes to prevent himself from passing out.

in front of him lay the autopsy that jihoon paid half of his monthly expenses for, and suddenly he regretted the decision. after calming jihoon down for twenty minutes, detective yoon suggested that they go through it together, as it was part of the investigation process. jihoon complied with a heavy heart and detective yoon began with a brief summary.

"jihoonie, as you can tell, doyeon was obviously murdered, but even the atopsy made it look like she killed herself. the specialist only could conclude this case being one of homicide after the very discreet details were investigated upon, the killer really did a good job cleaning up after himself," he let out a sigh that was as heavy as the tension in the room. jihoon could only close his eyes and listen, while the tears were threatening to fall.

detective yoon continued on, "doyeon was overdosed heavily with sleeping tablets and probably thrown into the bathroom where she was found dead. that's why her head had a deep cut, but it was not visible because of her, and the killer managed to stop the bleeding and clean up the place to not leave any traces. he then used a common household rope to strangle her to ensure she was dead, as it was said that sleeping tablets only have 47% success rate. he didn't use his fingers because we would be able to trace his fingerprints. he then applied heavy concealer on the rope marks on doyeon's neck to cover it up, and also because doyeon has very light skin, it was literally invisible to the forensic scientists until they rubbed off every bit of concealer. also-"

"detective yoon, d-do you mind holding on for a minute?" jihoon's voice shook as he placed his face in his hands and began to weep loudly. the sobs shook his entire body, and jinyoung and detective yoon tried to comfortingly tel him to not cry so loudly, as they were beginning to get stares from the other officers at the station.

jihoon did not listen to any of them. he was thinking of so many things; how could they do this to the poor love of his life? he just imagined the killer suffocating doyeon, her soft, vulnerable cries of help that could not be heard by the world; the world that loved the light-skinned girl, whose bubbly smile could light up the day of almost anybody. she had helped so many people when they needed, but now in her most dire state, nobody was there for her. most specifically, jihoon wasn't there for her.

where was jihoon when this happened? he was out giving a talk at a kindergarten, about how there should be no negativity in them, and they should learn to love everybody around them. they should treasure their little moments in life and make sure to keep sadness far from them. and in his talk, he remembered talking about doyeon and how much he loved her, and the children were moved by their strong, requited love despite their young age.

and what was happening when jihoon was speaking of his unending love for his girl? she was getting strangled, getting hit, getting overdosed, while tears of pain left her eyes. jihoon fell on his knees and began to cry hysterically. detective yoon and jinyoung embraced him on each side as he continued let out tears of regret and personal anguish.