The awkwardness that has formed between Tre and I is about to drive me berserk. If it weren't for me helping mama Nan with all the arrangements amongst other things, I would have confronted him by now. Maybe not confronted, seeing as though that sounds like I am accusing him of something, after all it is partly my fault. I just don't know how to address him about what happened because I don't fully understand it myself.

Vette arriving for the services wasn't helping much either. She was like a human drama detector. Not only has she picked up on the tension bouncing off of me towards William but the awkwardness between me and Tre. The questions have been circulating in her brain like clockwork but thankfully, she has held her peace, for now. It's only a matter of time before she is going to want details and I had better have a logical explanation or she is going to offer her two cents. Nothing will actually stop her cents being added to the equation but at least if I have an argument, I won't feel so bad.

William hasn't noticed a thing astray or at least he is pretending to not be faded. The pressure and tension is building within me. I want answers, I have questions, and I don't want to argue. Confusion is engulfing me and I feel suffocated all over again. If anxiety attacks were snakes, they would be the biggest, most feared thing filled with the worst venom allowed. In addition, there is the conversation I need to have with Tre. Although some of the most successful relationships are formed around awkwardness, how does that work in a friendship?

There is the odd hero-syndrome that cloaks a good friendship; one or both friends will be there no matter what the circumstances. Always there through all the storms and rain, not to mention the first one ready to throw them blows if need be. Then there is the all-time worst stereotype placed on a platonic male and female friendship. However now, I have no room to refute that things could get a little tension-filled or weird considering what has happened.

The funeral was wonderful, right down to her lavender suit, her hair styled the way she liked it, and make up. The funeral home did such a wonderful job; it looked like she was sleeping. Despite the weird vibes that has been bouncing off William, he delivered an excellent eulogy. Although the church was filled to the brim with mourners, the choir delivered some serious celebration worthy selections. After all Miss Ruby lived her life to the fullest and she left behind a strong legacy.

"Tre, have you eaten?"

"Have you?"

"..."

"Busted," he chuckled and I joined in with him. This was the first moment we have been anywhere near our old selves.

"Shut up, I have been busy. Thank you very much."

"You're welcome, very much," he rolled back. "That's still no excuse; you gotta take care of yourself. I don't want to have to start my therapy all over again. We've come too far and I know you know exactly what I am referring too." He fussed causing me to look away riddled with guilt.

"Coleman dairy, check," Vette joined in on the fussing with jokes.

"Shut it up, Bertha."

"Gladly Sophia cause baby brother over here has checked you enough. No need for me to add my two cents plus what I want to discuss has nothing to do with today, very inappropriate. So..."

"What am I missing?" Tre asked.

"Nothing, she is bugging as usual."

"Neither one of you ever bug for no reason, so what's going on?"

"Nothing for you to be worried about right now, as she said the repass is definitely not the place to discuss whatever foolery that's going on in her mind."