CHAPTER x

December 2019

"Irene contract is about to expire and we don't want her renewal."

Everything is so unreal.

Yesterday she was so happy riding a bicycle with Jimin in a far away land—away from cameras and eyes of the people but what is happening today?

It's like the world that they keep running away has his grasp on them—to her and now it's a different story.

Like what people said: There's a rainbow after the rain but we all know that there's also sadness after happiness.

Seulgi can't have only one for her whole complicated life because it always needs something to balance, something in return.

She can't have the rainbow or the happiness forever because rain and sadness is always with the positive word—its opposition.

What kind of balance is that? Why is Seulgi hurting so much?

"SM is going to debut new talented trainees this month and we need diversion to do that."

After hearing another news from her company Seulgi knows what will happen next.

SM always uses diversion to balance everything and looks like Red Velvet is going to be the diversion once again.

Seulgi trained hard.

Non stopped.

Giving all her best to debut.

She almost breaks but she never gives up.

It was her dream to debut and be a performer, be an Idol.

She finally has it now, she reached her dream together with her members.

Why Joohyun lied? Joohyun is going to leave them soon and what will happen to them? To Red Velvet?

She doesn't know about the contract of each other member. She doesn't have any idea what is written on the other girls.

It's a secret agreement that no one needs to know. Being an Idol is meant to have so much cruelty in life but they need to accept the path they're walking in.

"SM will announce soon that Irene left Red Velvet because she wants to settle down."

How can that be a lie? How can people bite that? People will see nothing about it but to think that maybe Joohyun's reason is that she's not getting any younger.

"The CEO will appoint Kang Seulgi as the next leader of Red Velvet."

She just wants her members with her forever. That's it.

"I can't."

Before she debuted, all she wanted was to be on stage but years passed and Red Velvet became her family.

She now just wants to be on stage with them. Together.

"I'm going to quit if you don't allow Irene unnie's renewal."

She can't perform without them, without one member. She can't perform without one leg. How can SM do that?

They're leading the industry! What kind of twist SM is planning? Why dragging them when in fact Red Velvet is finally giving them the value they needed?

"We know that you would say that but you can't say no to us Kang Seulgi."

By just saying one name Seulgi felt another broken piece of her heart.

"Park Jimin will go down because of you. You want that?" They put all the pictures of them together in one table.

How many times can her heart take a pain?

How many tears will fall from her eyes?

How many subs can she hear from herself?

Why dragging Jimin with this?

Why getting Jimin to gain power with her?

Why using Jimin's name to get her?

Is it because Seulgi fell in love with him? Is it wrong?