He was just too good to be true! He was the type of handsome guy any girl would never want to let go, and me, the odd girl had him! How did I catch his attention I have no idea, but he was with me right now, he said he loved me! Was he being serious or was he somehow kidding?

He sounded sincere when he said he loved me, I thought to myself.

Or maybe thats just what you want to believe, my inner voice grumbled quietly.

I ignored it and thought deeply.

Another part of me knew, I knew that what he had done a couple of minutes ago was wrong. Very wrong!

A deep little part of me knew that if I made a mistake that he didnt like, he would get violent! I had seen him violent once, and furious multiple times, I knew what he was capable of. He had strenght that I didnt want to test, it took him an insignificant raise of his arm to throw me into my dresser, if in the future I made him even more mad, would he kill me?

"Annie say something," he  said pleadingly gently grabbing my face so I would turn to look at him.

I tried to look away from his intent eyes, I knew that if I stared long enough I would lose myself in them.

If he did it once, he'll do it again, my inner voice said quietly.

"Annie," he whispered gently stroking the side of my face, his voice had a little desperate edge to it that made me let out a quivery sigh.

I looked up at his face and swallowed hard, I'll let it go, I thought.

I'll just let this one pass, he hasnt been around humans in a while, it's logical he'll forget how much more fragile humans are right?, I thought with doubt.

"Annie say something please!" Brent shook me gently, I could see his beautiful eyes slowly turning a darker color making me gulp quickly, "Brent I just cant believe what you did..." I finally whispered.

"Im sorry," he said quickly.

"I know you are," I interrupted, "I know you're sorry and you didnt mean to do what you did, but," I cleared my throat praying he wouldnt get more mad!

"But what you did....wasnt right, I dont want something like that to happen ever again," I whispered.

"It wont! Annie I wont ever hurt you," he tightened his grip on me again, "Not if you make me" he whispered really quietly making me swallow hard.

Oh dear.

"Brent," I shook my head about to protest but he put his icy finger on my lip "Shh Annie, lets not fight, you forgive me for what I did right?" he asked.

My heart dropped just a bit, I couldnt believe we were done discussing this, but I knew that if I pushed it too much he might loose control again and I certainly didnt want that.

 "Yes" I finally mumbled.

"Okay," he kissed my forehead gently "I love you beautiful," he smiled slightly.

I looked at his eyes and let out a deep breath, "Love you too" I mumbled back.

"Dont mumble beautiful, I hate it when people mumble," he said softly smoothing my hair back.

"Sorry" I spoke barely above a whisper, why did he hate it? He was a vampire he could hear anything right?

I didnt ask him but instead let him play with my hair, "We need to get you a cellphone Annie, I cant go on the whole day not knowing where you are," he said.

"My parents wont buy me one, they think I dont need one since Im in the house all the time" I tried not to mumble anymore.

He made a little chuckle and kissed the side of my head, "Well then I'll buy you one" he stated.