Vein

"I'm going to spend the rest of lunch in the library searching for a book that maybe won't suck." Miley smiled before turning away.

Both boys waited until she left to start talking, Ned was the first to speak. "No way she's Flux?"

"Crazy right?" Peter shook his head.

"How do you know exactly?"

"The way she looked at me before we parted ways." Peter nodded, "The first thing I noticed about her was her smile on the bus."

"No way." Ned's mouth went into the shape of an 'o'

"What?" Peter shrugged.

"You think she's hot, which I don't blame you! I guess you could say when one door closes, another opens!"

"I'm not even going to deny it." Peter smiled to himself, "she's unique."

"Are you gonna tell her you're SpiderMan?"  Ned whispered and Peter shook his head quickly.

"No, not yet. I want her to just be friends with Peter Parker. I don't want her to look at me any differently. Usually all the girls fall in love with SpiderMan because of the heroic things he does. But I just want someone to love me as Peter Parker."

"You think she would look at you differently Peter? That's a bit rash." Ned shoved apple sauce in his mouth.

"I just met her... I'll never tell her this reason. Last thing I want to do is hurt her or see her hurt after she stood up for me."

"Flash?" Ned rolled his eyes.

"Flash." Peter confirmed.

"Hey Penis Parker!" Flash yelled from the cafeteria.

"Speak of the devil." Ned mumbled.

"Don't ignore me! We want to hear about what you know about Black Widow since you know her and all apparently! How nice are her boobs up close?!" Flash yelled.

• • •

Miley was breathing heavily as she continued heading west pass the island. The moonlight was reflecting off the ocean water, and the air was cold. It didn't bother Miley though, Peter was on her mind which has taken her from reality as she ran.

It felt like forever to Miley that she was running. The cold started to get to her as she sweat from running and using so much of her energy to levitate on water for so long. When she breathed, her nose stung as the cold air traveled up her nostrils.

Peter and everyone else never left her mind for. Her parent's death, how she's disobeying Tony again, and what hell Peter is going through at this moment. The grunts from Peter she heard replayed in her mind, motivating her to run faster. She just needed to see him, she just wanted to hug him.

Finally, after an hour of running on the water, she saw it. Another island resting above the ocean. When she reached the shore, she collapsed to her knees out of breath and energy. Didn't take long for armored men to come racing up with guns pointed at her. They were whispering to one another as Kyle came up behind them.