7K Special-Wonderland AU [Pt 2]

Comenzar desde el principio

"What...in the world was that?" I looked around in puzzlement, but all I got in return was shrugs and equally confused expressions.

Oliver opened his mouth, then shutting his lips right afterward. He sighed and downed another cup of tea.

"Got any bright ideas?" Zao asked, letting go of my wrist. I returned his question with uncertain, thoughtful silence. He turned his head to direct his crimson red eyes toward me.

I arched an eyebrow. "Me? Was that question directed towards specifically me?"

"You are the one that always comes up with the witty solutions." Gilen piped up. "Either you, the pasta obsessed guy or maple guy." He stepped forward and gave my shoulder a hesitant, awkward pat. "We'll do whatever you think is best."

I exhaled shakily, my bottom lip jutting out. I felt the pressure rising up and I didn't do well under it. I surveyed my surroundings. "U-Uh...I dunno, we have to break this barrier somehow...but there doesn't seem to be anything to break it with-"

"Mein gott! This stupid pocket watch is getting on my nerves!" Gilen suddenly bursted out. That's the loudest I've ever heard him in a while. He instantly calmed down. "Apologies. Carry on." He spoke in his normal tone, fishing the watch out of his pocket and examining it, trying to figure out how to get it to stop ticking.

"...The watch." My mouth curled into a smile. "I bet it works like one of the clocks in the Oni mansion." I explained the thoughts wildly flying through my head while I began to walk over to Gilen. "The time in that dome stopped at 6:00." I snatched the watch from Gilen's hand. "If I break it..." I paused to draw my elbow behind my shoulder and forcefully whisk my arm downward, sending the watch crashing to the ground. I stared at the pieces of glass hopefully. "It should break the loop and return the proper flow of time."

Once I broke the watch, the teapots and cups in Matt and Oliver's hands drop to the table, shattering immediately. The barrier vanished and when it did, I rushed to the three.

"Guys? You're okay now, right?"

"Yes, thanks to you, poppet!" Oliver was the first one to respond, quickly wrapping his arms around me and giving me a short, but sweet hug.

"No problem." I returned his beam with a small smile. He let go of me and pulled back.

Oliver wore a dark green vest, olive pants that matched the top hat on his head, a light green undershirt, dark mustard yellow jacket and a turquoise bowtie.

The sudden, piercing screech of a chairs' leg scraping against the ground startled me until I realized it was just Matt. I looked at him and saw relief crossing his expression. He sported a jacket similarly styled to Oliver but with a plaid pattern, a red-orange bowtie and brown pants.

He then proceeded to pick up teapots and smash them everywhere. I lifted my arm to shield myself from any stray pieces of ceramic and glass.

"Okay. I'm done."

I dropped my arm to my side. The remains of the teapots created an aftermath of even more destruction across the table, if that was even possible.

"Sorry you had to witness that. Just needed to vent a bit. Being forced to drink that shit was torture." Matt stated with a blank face. He calmly adjusted his bowtie. He walked over to me and brushed at my head, fragments of the teapots unraveling itself from the strands of my hair and falling to the ground. "You didn't get hurt, did you?"

"Um, no. No, no, I'm fine." I answered quickly. He nodded, smiling softly.

"Thank...you."

"You're welcome, Matt."

"bRO!" Allen snorted and popped up, loosely wrapping an arm around Matt's shoulders. "Do you even know how to talk with the ladies? That was the most awkward thing I've ever seen in my life!"

Matt didn't look amused. He held up his hand. "I'm this close to punching you."

"...Your fingers are touching."

"Exactly. You should run, you little dickhead."

Francois heaved his head from the table, blinking slowly. "Why am I sleeping?" He rose, grabbing a pastry and shoving it in his mouth. "Sleep is for the weak." He wore his usual dark purple button down and a pink ribbon around his neck.

"We should get going." I said to Gilen, Zao and Francois, who watched from afar as Matt chased Allen.

"Agreed. We can't stay too long in here, the others at the Oni mansion are probably worried by now."

I was about to intersect between the brothers' quarreling until the rumbling of multiple footsteps in the distance stopped me in my tracks. My eyes narrowed and I urgently looked at the group, "I can't explain right now, but you need to hide me."

Oliver, Francois, Gilen and Zao swiftly sat down at the table. Allen and Matt joined the four, taking their seats soon after. I hurriedly dug through my bag and pulled out a bottle of beer. I uncorked it and downed it. I coughed lightly, the aftertaste not quite appealing to my tongue.

I jumped on the table as I began to shrink. I threw on my hoodie and pants while Oliver picked up my dress and tossed it under the table. I climbed into one of the teapots and fell into the tea.

I resurfaced, gasping to take in a deep gulp of air. The pot was pretty much full of the liquid and I was glad I wasn't too far from the brim. I placed my backpack at my feet and stepped on it, peeking over the pot to see what was going on outside.

A bunch of soldiers lined up neatly in front of the table. Their clothing was completely white and covered with red hearts. They each carried a spear with a heart shaped tip at the end. They move to the side to create a walkway in the middle.

Brisk footsteps marched down the path, matching the beat of my racing heart.

"Excuse me."

"Have you seen a girl that looks like this?"

I almost fell off my backpack. I squinted my eyes just to make sure I wasn't see things.

Kuro and Lutz stood at the end of the path, standing at the center of the enemy's army.