15 Continued

*Andy and Justice in a room upstairs*

I backed away trying to unlock the door with my shaking hands.

"If you wanna get outta here you wouldn't do that." He says. I stop dead in my tracks and turn to look at him.

"You're gonna get me out?"

"If you let me."

My head slowly turns back to him as my hand falls off of the door's handle. I cross my arms and nervously take a seat on the floor.

"What's the plan?" I ask. He glances around the room and motions for me to come closer. I scoot to his feet and looked at him in expectancy.

"You join us. It's the right thing to do. We're good people, and our cause is justifiable."

"Goodbye Andy."

"J I'm serious." I feel a pang in my chest as he calls my nickname. I'm gonna miss what we had.

"I'm serious too. Bye." I point to the door. He stares in my eyes for a few long minutes then finally stands.

"That's why you're in this mess now." He mumbles.

"Excuse me?" I exclaim incredulously, lifting my eyebrow in question and resting my hands on my hips. "So it's my fault that your jealous butt couldn't take that I had a friend who didn't look like you? Heck, I'm starting to believe that you weren't even jealous, you just wanted a reason to set me up." I lower my voice. "Andy you were my best friend. Prom. Middle School. Elementary. All those nights we shared secrets. You had my back, I had yours. That's the way it was. Now look at you. Letting these people brain wash you into believing you're better than your family. Your sister told me that you hadn't been back home since you left, 4 years ago. You only came back 2 months ago, a week before you linked up with me again. Enough time to put on a show for me. Heck that's all that was, that kiss, your comfort, your time. All a show, and for what? People who don't know what real family is. You don't even fit in. You know why? Cause you're the only one here who can go home to a family of their own." I realize that I am shouting again and take a step back with a huff. 

Andy shrugs his shoulders. Walking toward the door, he pats my shoulder and with a sigh he says, "Suit yourself." He walks out of the room.

I close the door behind him and crash to the floor. Tears rush down my face, my ears hot and my head light. I cry myself into a stupor. I watched my hope walk out of the door. None of it feels real anymore. I lay on the cold floor and click my red heels in my mind. That's when it came. Freedom.

I'll be shocked if anyone reads this. 10 comments and I'll write another chapter.