Chapter 8

"Justice what's wrong?" He asks sounding freaked out.

"My rib." I cry reaching for my stomach. He quickly leaps off and presses the button, summoning a nurse or the doctor. Then he swiftly begins to put everything into the backpack. Nice thinking, if the doctor sees all that junk, he'll be furious.

A few minutes later Dr. Mare comes in looking the least bit of worried.

"Where exactly does it hurt?" He asks. I point my finger as tears spill out of my eyes. He takes his index and middle fingers to push on stomach. I bite my bottom lip as Kyle takes my and squeezes it reassuringly.

"You're fine. It's just pressure that's compressed, were you doing anything with your legs?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"Sometimes the nerves from you legs spread to your spine, it was just a small spasm that got to your rib."

"Will anything make it hurt less?" I ask trying to hold in my whimper.

"I can bandage you, it'll take some of the pressure off." He says helping me stand to my feet.

"Would you like him to stay in here for this?" The doctor asks. I look down and realize that all I have on under this gown is a pair of underwear. I think not.

"He's gonna leave." I respond turning to Kyle. He gets up and walks out of the room. After Dr. Mare raps me up, he lets Kyle back in.

"You're healing very well. If you want, you can go home but under one condition."

"What's that doctor?" I rush him wanting to get out of this hellhole.

"You have to have someone take care of you. You can't be alone." He says looking at me. This sucks.

"She can come with me if she wants." Kyle speaks up.

"I can?" I ask thinking about his roommate Mikey.

"Yeah. I moved out of the dorms into an apartment a few days ago. I never got to tell you." He says with a sheepish smile. I forgot Mikey was half black. Was it really that serious?

"Well I guess I'm staying with him. How soon can I leave?" I ask impatiently. Please say tonight.

"Tomorrow, first thing in the morning." The doctor says. Darn it.

"Okay, well thanks Dr.Mare."

"Welcome." He says walking out of the room. I look at Kyle and he stares at me confused.

"Guess what?" I ask with a spreading grin.

"What?" He asks looking at me suspiciously.

"We're roommates!" I yell. He rolls his eyes with an exaggerated.

"Oh God help us."
---------------------------------------
After a few hours of talking and eating some more junk food, Kyle has to go and says goodbye. Kyle isn't exactly who he used to be, but I still like him. Does that make since. The room is silent without Kyle and I immediately get bored.

I decide to call my siblings.

"Chello, Castinova from the ghetto." He answers. This kid already has me laughing.