40 - The Stranger Was A Jerk &... No Consequences, Tom?

Start from the beginning

In the end, I was afraid of being on my own, which I soon would be. I sighed and turned to see Stephanie doing the same. We sighed deeply and painfully. For different reasons, but we still both had relationship demons haunting us. And I was pretty sure she was hurting as much as I was.

“I really loved him, girls. I still do,” Stephanie mumbled, sniffling from all of the tears she had shed already.

I sighed, hugging her tightly against my chest so she could understand she was not alone, that she had us by her side. I was not able to believe that so much drama could follow a girl around. I mean, we were ordinary, next-door girls, all we wanted was to have fun –very Cindy Lauper, if you ask me- and all we got was drama, unnecessary drama and in huge amounts.

“Oh god, Kaylie, that’s the lad you were making out with!” Missy hissed, bringing me back from my world of reflections, as she held onto my elbow rather tightly.

I frantically and nervously turned around to see who she was talking about. Stephanie did the same, craning her neck since she was a bit smaller than me, incredibly curious to see who it was. I was sure the other girls were craning their necks, as well. And right now, I highly doubted any of us cared about being subtle. Unless the guy had been as drunk as I was, he had taken advantage of me. All I could remember where his green eyes, and they were enough to send me over the edge.

As my eyes landed on the infamous stranger, I felt my heart fall down to the pit of my stomach. I sucked a sharp breath in, not being able to believe what I had done. Since I had first seen the guy, I knew he was trouble. But that had not stopped my drunken self from kissing him. He was the guy I had seen that same morning and that had called me a freak. I felt my cheeks drain out from their color as he quickly spotted me and caught me staring at him. His eyes were filled with recognition right away and mine were probably filled with terror.

A smirk played on his lips immediately as he walked mischievously towards me, not looking anywhere else and not caring about the other people he bumped against on the way to me. Such a rude guy! I tried to retrieve and hide, but my mind and vision were blurry and he was faster. “Hi there,” he greeted wryly.

“Y-you,” I stuttered nervously.

“Yes, me. We had a good time last night, didn’t we?” he asked me, stepping closer and causing me to hold my breath as I stepped back, bumping into one of my friends. “Such a shame we were interrupted,” he mused next, turning to glare at Missy. “You’re no fun, you know,” he told her while pouting sarcastically.

“Shut up,” the blonde girl grumbled as she stood in front of me, as if to protect me and to stop him from getting any closer. And I was very grateful to her for that. 

“Oh crap, Niall, Liam and Tom are coming here,” Laura whispered. I felt my hands start to tremble, and after a quick glance towards the three guys, I turned to see this Jasper guy. For what I could see he had no intentions of leaving, and that would only get me into so much more trouble.

“Oh, do I get to meet your friends today?” he inquired in a fake chirpy tone while clapping his hands. At a lack of words, I scowled at him. But, in all honesty, I could not bring myself up to talk to him. He had such a strong character that all you could do was fight or flight. “We’re moving fast, aren’t we?” he chirped next. I was not a good one at fighting.

Liam and Tom stayed behind because Andy walked up to them to talk, but Niall was already next to us. “Good morning ladies,” he greeted. He tried to smile, but his gaze was stuck on Jasper, as if he did not get a good vibe from the guy. No one did. “Good morning,” he added, a bit coldly and stretched his hand out for Jasper to grab a hold on and shake. He had probably noticed how tense we all were due to the presence of the mischievous guy.