40 - The Stranger Was A Jerk &... No Consequences, Tom?

“And Stephanie broke up with Harry?” Laura reiterated, trying to grasp a hold of everything she had missed out on as we walked in a sort of clique, several of us almost falling right on our butts in the middle of the diner every now and then since we were more focused on the story than on the floor, chairs and other obstacles beneath and around us. It actually probably looked like a scene right out of Mean Girls or any other chick flick like that, with all of us gossiping about our drama-full lives.

“And then I went to the woods and cried my eyes out the rest of the night,” Stephanie finished explaining to my cousin who still had her face scrunched up in confusion. The last part none of us knew and we all turned to face Stephanie bewildered. Just the thought of such a fragile girl spending her night alone on the woods was enough to send us all over the edge.

“Is that why you never went back to your cabin?” Missy questioned, it being exactly what I was thinking of. I swear that girl was too much alike to me, it was almost hilarious. The only thing keeping us apart from each other was Niall, even if that was a bit ironic since we had the same taste in guys as well.

“Yeah,” Stephanie replied simply with a grimace of a smile. It was obvious she felt a bit ashamed over her actions. But I knew how valuable some alone time was when everything was crumbling around you, so I was not going to judge her on that.

“That is so dangerous! A coyote could have killed you!” Sophia wailed with a bewildered stare as she stood in front of Stephanie, grabbed a hold of the poor brunette’s shoulders and shook her as if to wake her from a bad dream.

“Or it could have turned you into a werewolf!” Eleanor interjected with wide eyes, which made me giggle slightly because it meant she actually believed what she was saying. Supernatural stuff had never been my thing, but apparently these girls were head over heels over supernatural shows.

“But it’s a coyote, not a werewolf,” Stephanie rebutted with a frown. The fact that she was actually discussing that with the other two brunettes made me giggle as I looked away, searching for the rest of our friends. As usual, the biggest table with the most people and noise would be the one we would direct ourselves to.

Eleanor was about to give a comeback when I focused back on them and decided it was best to intervene or this would go on forever. And it would literally be forever. “You all need to stop watching so much Teen Wolf,” I deadpanned with an eye roll directed to all of them.

“But it’s so good!” Sophia defended as she bawled her hands into fists and waved them in front of my face to make her point even clearer.

“Too good!” Eleanor whined in agreement, stomping her feet on the floor as a protest.

Laura took a deep breath as she rested her head on my shoulder for support as if she was overwhelmed by so much information and drama. I would not judge her for feeling overwhelmed actually. It was all too much for us. “Wow, where have I been?” she mumbled more to herself than to us.

“With Johnny,” Eleanor teased in a sing sang voice with a cheeky grin as she wriggled her eyebrows at my cousin.

Laura immediately blushed, looking away from us. She shook her head because she was feeling embarrassed. I knew her well enough to see that. I felt a pang inside my chest at that sight. I smiled weakly. I was happy for my cousin, I will not deny that. But a cute couple was the least I needed after finding out about what I had done when I was drunk. And I was not even taking into account that Tom would leave me once he found out and Niall was not interested in getting back together with me –not that we were ever actually together.