38 - Drunken Mistakes Are The Worst Kind Of Mistakes

After the unexpected –really, really unexpected- meltdown, I returned to my cabin to find Stephanie there, reading one of the books that I had seen on the shelves before. I would go over some of them when I had the time, which I hoped would be soon. When I walked in, she smiled relieved, threw the book aside and walked up to meet me.

“I knew you would come here!” she said, quickly embracing me in a hug.

“Well, it is where I am staying after all,” I replied hesitantly, stepping away just to take a good look at her.

She rolled her eyes at me, making me giggle. “I was worried about you, you stupid,” she shot back, stepping forward and shoving me aside. It was nice, knowing she cared about me. I guess we were becoming friends, like real good friends.

“Sorry,” I apologized as I laughed. “I just needed some time to cool off,” I added, now taking a deep sigh and walking away from her. I had forgotten a bit about the stupid incident on my way here, but now that I was talking about it with her, it all just came back on full force into my mind.

“Are you okay?” she asked, following closely behind me. I turned around and shrugged, trying to come off as if I did not care. I just knew I dreaded the moment when I met all of them again. What would I do when I met Niall? Thank him for helping me? And what about Missy? I knew stuff about her now, and that made me actually like her –which I hated with all my soul.

“I guess so. I just know I need a drink,” I breathed out. I had never drunk before in my life, but right now seemed like a great moment to start.

“You need a drink?” she repeated with raised eye brows. She had an almost comical look on her face and I almost felt offended, but almost’s did not make a situation any different.

“Yeah,” I replied sheepishly. I knew I would and could not do it on my own. And she was the only person in here I would go out for a drink with. I knew Zayn would not even let me finish talking before he had already said no.

“Kaylie, you’re seventeen and for all I know about you, I highly doubt you have ever drank,” she affirmed as her hands were placed to the sides of her hips as she looked amused at me.

“I’ll turn eighteen in just a few months,” I defended.

“It’s far away,” she rebutted, with her hands still at both sides of her hips as she smirked victoriously. She knew she had this in her pocket; I was terrible at rebutting to get what I wanted.

I shrugged once again, but defeated this time as I laughed out loud. “I have my rights you know!” I screeched dramatically as she shook her head and walked away, into the bathroom.

“No, you don’t,” she joked along as she got a bag of makeup out.

“Is this because I’m white?” I shrieked as I grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her roughly, making her giggle as she tried to get out of my grip. I had noticed that she was not so down anymore, and that made me very happy. I did not like to see her sad, it broke my heart. “What’s the makeup for?” I inquired, leaning against the door as I watched her move giddily around inside the rustic bathroom. I was already convinced that she would not go with me for a drink, so there was no point in trying anymore. I would just forget about my misfortunes some other way.

“For the face…” she replied with raised eyebrows, mocking me. I gaped at her and she stuck her tongue out.

“Shut up,” I grumbled in response as I scowled at her, earning a satisfied smirk. She blew a kiss my way as she began emptying the contents of the small pink makeup bag and started organizing them in use and importance.