21 - That Distinctive Feeling Of Hospital Beds & Nasty Smells

21 - That Distinctive Feeling Of Hopsital Beds & Nasty Smells

I shifted uncomfortably in what felt like a really stiff and uncomfortable small bed. I did what I normally did whenever I was in my bed, without thinking about it for a second, and tugged in deeper taking a long and deep breath in. I immediately regretted it when I choked on the intoxicating smell that surrounded me. This was definitely not my bed.

Unless I have become radioactive…That song is great, is it not?

And the guy, oh my! I might marry him someday. Oh wait, I am choking right now, I might as well want to survive this first before making some freaky and impossible plans about marrying a guy like twenty years older than me.

“Are you okay? Kay?” I heard someone say, but I was still trying to survive to the intoxicating smell that had gone down my throat and was trying to painfully kill me. Never will I ever breathe in like that again. “Call the nurse, she is awake,” I heard the same voice instruct.

The voice sounded distorted, so I could not recognize it. It seemed as if lately I was not going to recognize any voice at all. And we all know how it went down the last time I did not recognize a voice. How can that girl be so perfect? I look like a freaking alien near her, and not even a good looking alien; I look like the ugly step sister alien. And she is so sweet and nice and everything! Damn Missy.

But I bet she is a serial killer in her free time. I can feel it in my bones.

I heard some footsteps walk away as I continued coughing.

I finally relaxed and my chest calmed down as I tried to open my eyes but did not feel the strength to do it, so then just stretched my hand out to feel whoever it was that was beside me. I could hear the voice near, so someone had to be near me. His hand quickly reached mine.

Or it was probably a girl with manly hands and voice…anything could happen, Ellie Goulding says so. I even made a choreographed dance with my friends about it a couple of hours before. Maybe days, I have no notion of time right now.

But somehow I knew it was a guy, maybe it was because it felt like one, strong and manly. Just the way we are told they are in fiction. Or maybe just because of the feeling I had about it. I just knew it was a guy.

Hey, by the way it has been a while since I do not read some good fan fiction. I need to log onto Wattpad soon… But again, I might as well just try and survive today before planning on doing anything else like marriage or reading. Ugh, why is life so complicated?

Some time passed by before another voice came into the scene but all I could focus was on the warm hand that gave me comfort while I was still trying to figure out where I was and what was going on. And I surely did not want to let it go. It was like I had a security blanket or something, and it felt damn good.

“Please step away. I need to check on her.”

“Sure.”

The voices echoed around me before the warm hand let go of me and my own hand protested, still looking around for it. I tried to talk but it came out as a mumble as I felt feminine hands check on my vital signs and help me sit straight up.

“Try to open your eyes, sweetie.”

I moaned groggily and opened one eyelid. My vision was blurry and the beeping sound started to become annoying to my hearing as my senses came back to their regular, alert way. Stupid senses.

“Good, now your other eye,” who I assume was the nurse said as she chuckled.

I heard chuckling coming from somewhere else, opened my other eyelid and when my vision got clear on both eyes, diverted my gaze to where the chuckling came from. Niall and Zayn were there staring intently and expectantly at me, regaining their serious faces.