That Same Old Love

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

September 23, 2014 - 7:44pm - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Paradise, NV

Nic POV

"Thank you so much you guys!" I beamed waving to the screaming crowd.

Ari wrapped her arm around my waist and squeezed me. "We love you Vegas! Thank you for having us!"

We embraced each other once more before walking off stage hand in hand. We had been rehearsing all week for our set and it was finally over. I was more than relieved. As soon as Beyoncé and I touched down in Clearport we were ripped apart.

Bey had to rush home to catch some zzz's for work and I had to fly straight out to Vegas to meet up with Ari to finish up Get On Your Knees and start rehearsals for the festival. I wish I could've caught some fucking zzz's.

Ellen called me for an interview while I was here so I had to fly back to New York for the taping and then back out to Nevada to finish out the concert here. I thought I would've had time to at least peek in on Bey but my schedule was booked up. I didn't wanna stay to finish out the weekend, partying and enjoying the line up. I honestly wanted to get back home to my baby.

It had been nearly three weeks since I saw Bey in the flesh and I was feigning. I'll admit it. I was over FaceTime sex. I was over looking at her through a screen. I wanted to be sprawled over her lap watching reruns of Snapped and Orange Is The New Black. A bitch was mufuckin tied.

"Oooh bitch I see my man." Ari let go of my hand and slipped through the thick of the stage crew. My mouth hung open. Wish I could fucking relate. "I'll see you in your dressing room. Gimme like 5 minutes." She called over her shoulder. "Girl I'm lying maybe like 15."

I laughed. "Okay ladybug."

I took off in the direction of my dressing room with Kenyon and Darius trailing closely behind. My security was lenient when I was home in New York or vacationing but when I did shows I could barely turn around without bumping into one of them. It had its pros and cons. One con would be I barely got any privacy. I was gonna get some today though. I promised Bey I'd call her after my set and she should've just been getting ready for bed.

"Stay here please." I instructed, turning the knob to my dressing room door.

Leah was laid across the couch eating Doritos with one hand and playing Subway Surfers with the other. I shook my head. She was always snacking on some shit.

"Anybody call me?" I asked. "Where my phone?"

"Naw you ain't get any calls." She smirked. "You got an urgent message though."

"Whatchu mean? Where it's at?"

"It's under my thigh." She moved her leg a little. "Girl I got 3,000 coins this the farthest I've ever gotten."

I wasn't paying attention to her, I was tryna feel around for my phone. When I found it I didn't see a message notification. I cut Leah a look as I opened Beyoncé's thread, seeing as she was the last incoming text.