Chapter 14

Blood smeared on the walls. Glass from the tv, vases and picture frames were shattered on the ground. I looked up and saw Louis looked angry and sorry at the same time. By now I was pissed, confused, nervous.

I didn't feel safe anymore. This was no longer my safe haven. This was now my place of fear.

The man that had talked to be was Owen. A bloody, cut up, bruised Owen. Had Louis done this? Why? Oh because of that stupid party?

I was getting myself all worked up. My mind was racing, I need to get away. I ran as fast as I could out of the door. I heard Louis yell for to stop and that he had to explain.

What was there to explain? It was pretty obvious what he was trying to do.

I got to his car and reached in my pocket. Oh no, I dropped the keys in the house and ran out without picking them up.

Tears streaming down my face, I turned to see Louis running after me. No, I can't let him catch me.

I abandoned the car and ran down the drive way. I decided to take a left which brought me near a big field. I neared the field and hopped the fence. I was still running when I heard the screeching of tires.

I didn't look back as I knew it was Louis.

I picked up my pace, getting lost in the big grassed field.

"Kalel! Stop we need to talk!" I faintly heard Louis yelling.

I don't know what got it to me. I stopped running and fell to the ground and started having a mental breakdown. I was crying so hard by the time Louis reached me.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his legs straight out in front of me. I wanted to stay there but I couldn't. I started to jerk to try and break free from his grasp. I failed as I felt the sharp pain in my shoulders.

I moaned quietly in agony. His grasp tightened and he laid his head on my shoulder. This made me furious.

Why was he being so cute after having his girlfriend walk in to see him beating up a guy? What's wrong with him?

"Louis let me go...now!" I said through gritted teeth.

"No, we need to talk," he said softly.

"Well guess what, I don't ever want to talk to you again!" I screamed.

I knew that hurt him. But at this moment in time, I am so done with him. Maybe I just need time to cool down or for him to explain but not know.

We were silent for what seemed like ages and the silence was killing me.

"Just let me explain, maybe then you'll want to speak to me," I heard the hurt in his voice.

I was keeping strong to what I had said, I'm not talking to him. He just sighed and continued to talk.

"I'll start from the beginning," he said," after you left this morning, I just wanted to set him straight and to tell him to stop hitting on you, you're my girlfriend! So, he came over and started to irritate me by saying how hot you are and he'd like to 'tap that'. That's when I started punching him. We didn't care what we threw at each other or what we hit. We just want to hurt each other... I'm... sorry I shouldn't have hit him, I love you."

Those words filled the air as I sat there shocked. I understood why he did that I mean, he was getting jealous. But at the same time, Owen was on the ground bleeding out and suffering for just saying a few words.

I feel like I didn't here the whole story. That something was missing.

I didn't have any words to say. Half of it being I didn't know what to say and the other half being I didn't want to say 'I love you' back, I'd be lying if I said that.