C h a p t e r 9

Louis and I were holding hands as we walked around. It was less then five minuets when I started feeling uncomfortable. As we walked passed house, people on their porches stared; mouths a gape. I even saw a few people shake their heads as they shut the blinds.

"We can head home if you want," Louis whispered in my ear.

It seemed as though he had read my mind. I didn't even speak all I did was nod. He pulled me into a hug, comforting me as he gently stroked my hair. We stood there for a few minuets, I closed my eyes because I didn't want to see these peoples reactions.

Louis, being his cheeky self, started running back towards the house. I was left confused but Louis soon changed that.

"Race ya home," he yelled.

Jeez, thanks for tell me that when your already half way there I thought.

So I started running after him, yelling for him to stop and saying that I would beat him. Now, I wasn't the most amazing runner in the world. In a matter of fact, I hated running just for fun. So I got tired quickly but, I didn't give up.

I had lost sight of Louis but his house was in my sight so I wasn't lost. When I came up to the driveway I noticed he wasn't there. Had I beat him? Breathing hard, I walked up to the front door and to my surprise the door was unlocked. I walked in to see if I could find Louis - nope no one could be seen.

Then I heard a noise from the bedroom. Still breathing hard, I headed up stairs towards his bedroom. I knocked on the door and opened to find Louis standing their half naked-only boxers to be found hanging around his waist.

I slapped the front of my face with my hand. Did he always have to wear just boxers when I was home? Wait what did I just say? Home? No this wasn't my home, my home was my apartment. Or was it my home?

Shut up Kalel! Stop confusing yourself.

-.-.-.-

It was at least a week since I had stayed at Louis house. I was back at my apartment now. We had, though, been talking quite a bit and he had said something about a surprise. But that had been five days ago, so I completely forgot about until today when I went to get my mail.

I unlocked my small mailbox ,that was connected with 50 others, and found a package in there. I read the mail address, I didn't pay much attention to the address but my eyes did lead me to see a name.

Louis Tomlinson.

Then it all came back to me, the surprise Louis was talking about. I shook it like a child shaking a Christmas present. All I heard was a thudding noise as the gift hit the top and bottom of the box. This didn't give much indication of what it could be.

I slammed the little mail door and run up to my apartment. I was on the second floor which meant I had to walk, or run, up the stairs.

Me plus running plus stairs most likely equals disaster.

I was 3/4 up the stairs. That's when I started feeling confident and that is also when I miss placed my foot. It was the second step down from the top. Instead of my foot landing on the surface of the step, my foot nicked the very edge and I face planted on the steps.

As I was falling I sent the package that Louis sent me flying forward. It skidded against the floor till it hit the back wall.

I started laughing as I was laying there, on the stairs. I slowly got up, finding and picking up my keys. As I started towards the package I felt a hand on my side. I quickly swatted it away, I knew the feeling of Louis hands and these were most certainly not his hands.

"Sorry, sorry. Are you alright love?" I heard a husky male voice say. I didn't even turn around to acknowledge him. Frankly, I don't like strangers who come up to me, grab my waist, and call me 'love'.

"Yeah I'm fine. And don't call me love, okay?" I mumbled as I quickly scrambled up to my package. But this complete stranger beat me there.

"From Louis, eh? Is this your boyfriend?"

Was Louis my boyfriend? Yes, yes he was. We have kissed before.

"Yes he is. Now give it back," I said coldly.

"Ha ha ha ha! Fine, here," he said as he threw it to me," by the I'm Owen."

Some people! I thought as I walked up to my door.

Finally I was in the safety of my own home. I quickly grabbed a knife from the kitchen and head to the living room. I set the package down and carefully sliced the tape that held the two flaps together. When I saw what was in the box, my eyes widened.