Damn, those ocean eyes. 

"I have this feeling of being lost about my feeling," I finally admit. 

"Lost? About a feeling?"

"Yeah, I have no idea what I'm feeling right now, but I'm here on my bed, trying to figure it out and I'm coming up with nothing. I have no idea what my feeling is, besides the chill of being lost. But the feeling is not that I'm lost. You can't feel being lost. You can feel that you don't belong, but you can't feel that you're lost. Jesus, am I even making sense?" 

"Not really, no."

I groan, squeezing my eyes shut and covering my face with anguish. 

He scoots closer to my head, "Look, whatever you're feeling, we will figure it out."

"Why are you being nice..."

He clarifies, "We're friends!" 

"Are you speaking, willingly?" I softly whisper, puzzled.

"Yes," He sighs, "I know, I'm being nice to you, woah, shocker."

"Yeah, it is a shocker, where's the camera?" I murmur. 

He smiles, "Ash, believe it or not, I'm going to help you figure out your feeling problem, as long as you get out of bed."

"You... promise?" I quietly ask, feeling myself shrink. 

He nods, smiling, "I promise we will figure this feeling problem."

"We?"

"Yes, we," He states, "We will do this."

I genuinely smile, "Okay, we will." 

/////

After Colby finally dragged me out of bed, Ellie was surely surprised that I was in a good mood. 

And somehow, I was. 

Now, all we had to do was to wait for Sam to show up.

"Guys, let's get him Krispy Kreme for when he shows up!" Ellie suggests.

I lick my lips for the thought of eating doughnuts, "Yep, I'm on board. Let's go." 

"We'll be back on time to open the door for him, right? I don't want him to get back to an empty apartment," Colby asks, worriedly.

"Babe, don't be dumb. C'mon," Ellie waves him off, already on her feet and beginning to leave. I follow her as I grab my keys and open the door to leave. Colby rushing out the door too. 

We all hop into my car and make our way to the grove. 

Once we arrived inside the Krispy Kreme store, it was packed.

Why?

Buy one doughnut, get one free day. 

"Wrong day to come, guys..." I mumble to Ellie and Colby.

Colby nods, "Yeah, it will be a miracle if we make it back before Sam."

Ellie slaps both our arms and shakes her head, "We won't make it back on time with that mindset! Where's the hope and positivity? I feel like I'm becoming an Ashlyn Neil since she's not being herself right now."

I roll my eyes, "Sorry, my lostness-ess feeling about my feeling is holding up the line for hope."

"Hey, I said I'll help you!" Colby reminds.

"You're not helping me at the moment," I deadpan.

"Touche, but I will. Ya gotta just start acting like yourself firstly," Colby advises.