"No, my meeting was fine and the party was fun," I simply say, not wanting to raise suspicion. 

"Then what is it with you? You've barely said anything to anyone for these past days. It's very very unlike you," She frowns, rubbing my leg. 

"You'd be a great mother," I sigh in a joking way. 

She smiles, "Daughter, get the fuck up, and let's go see Sam again. You do remember he's getting out of the hospital today, right?"

I suddenly remember everything about the lawsuit Sam's parents were filing against Kai. 

Another reason I don't want to leave my bed. 

I don't want to see them, I don't want to talk to them, I don't want to be in their presence. 

I want nothing to do with that lawsuit. 

"Oh," I managed to breathe out. "I think it's best if I don't go."

Ellie raises an eyebrow, "Do you need a doctor? Are you sick?" 

"No."

"THEN WHERE THE FUCK IS ASHLYN NEIL?" She shouts, taking one of my pillows and smacking me with it. "I WANT MY BEST FRIEND BACK." 

I groan, "I just don't think I should g-"

Ellie abruptly gets up and walks out the room. 

I slowly lift my head in confusion. What, why'd she just leave?

Shrugging, I put my earbuds in and listen to some LANY and Oliver Francis. 

After finishing about four songs, I hear someone being shoved into my room.

"You both hate each other, go get the fire to burn in her eyes again. Jesus Christ, I just need her to act like she's alive," Ellie demands, as a dumbfounded Colby stands in my room. 

Colby looks at me with wide, nervous eyes as I slowly take my earbuds out; my body still completely flat on my bed but my head raised to look at him. 

He gulps before turning out the door and yelling at Ellie, "What are you going to do then?" 

Ellie shouts back, not in my vision, but yells, "I'm going to pick up some sushi because I RAN OUT. OKAY?" 

Colby adjusts his sweater's collar after hearing the front door slam shut. 

I sigh again, putting my earbuds back in. 

"Hey Ash, wait," Colby stops me, and sits beside me on my bed. 

I take my earbuds out, too lazy to even roll my eyes. 

"What."

He nervously rubs his hands together, "Uh, what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

He gives me a confused expression, "Nope, there's something wrong with you."

"There's nothing wrong with me," I deadpan. 

"Then why are you acting like this?" 

"Like what?" I question back. 

He points up and down at my still body, "This! Explain this! Whatever this is, it's actually scaring me. I'm not used to this side of you, Ash. I thought I knew every side of you, but this... WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?"

I sigh, turning away from him.

"Ash, we're friends now, you can talk to me."

I look up at him now, staring into his ocean eyes.