Chapter Forty-Six

Start from the beginning

*****

Rob waited in the Bunnings car park for Becky to finish her shift. He parked where he knew she'd walk past to catch the bus. She stood at the door talking to one of the other girls, lifted her hand in a wave, and then started toward the bus stop. Rob jumped out of his car and leaned against the bonnet. As she got closer, he saw her smile.

"Hello." Becky was so glad to see him. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought you might like a lift and maybe spend a little quality time with your half boyfriend." Rob grabbed her hand and jerked her towards him. Becky squealed. He laughed and pulled her in between his legs. "Could we go somewhere? Spend some time together."

"Okay." Becky stroked his face and kissed him. He held her tight, ran his hand down her back, and pulled her harder against him. Becky dragged her lips away and studied his face. "You're not going to get all heavy breathing and handsy on me are you?"

"No." Rob sucked in a breath. "Not at all." He touched her cheek, followed his hand as it moved down her neck and on to touch her breast. "There is nothing about you that could make me do that."

"Really. Nothing. You better take me straight home then." Becky beamed as she put her hand on his to prevent it moving.

Rob laughed and cupped her breast in his palm. "I lied." He kissed her once more, and then drew in another breath. "Come on. Otherwise I'll get heavy and handsy." He patted her bum as he said, "I'll shout you some KFC."

They sat in the car near the botanical gardens to eat. "So did you come up with a plan for how you want to handle this?" Rob stuffed some chips in his mouth and looked across at Becky biting into her chicken leg.

She shook her head. "Not really. How do you want to do it?"

"Just tell them." He bit into his burger.

"And how are you going to do that?" Becky put the leg back in the box and licked her fingers.

"Can I do that?" Rob jolted his head at her hand and grinned.

"Do what?"

"Lick your fingers." He grabbed her hand and ran his tongue over it.

"Rob... yuck!" Becky laughed, pulled her fingers from his mouth, and gave him a slap. "You are a very sick person." She tore open the moist towel sachet and wiped it over her mouth and hands. "How are you going to tell them?" she said as she handed Rob another wet wipe so he could clean the chicken goo from his hands.

"When they're all together at lunch I'm going to say, 'Hey, guys I have some news. Becky and I are seeing each other so expect her to sit with us sometimes.' What do you think?"

"What if they say negative stuff?" She sighed. "Because some of them will, you know."

"That's when I'll punch them." Rob leaned over and swept his hand down her head. "They won't. I promise. They're good people and they already think you and I have had sex anyway so it'll just be a natural progression to them."

"They think I'm a slut."

"And when they get to know you properly they'll realise you're not." Rob cocked his head. "Time to change your game plan, Becky." He touched her gently again. "Why did you do that? Make out you were a slut and how did you get people to believe it anyway?"