Tears began to fall out Nicole eyes. "I am so sorry Max, the girls are not yours."

"What!" Max shook his head. "You're lying to me. I was there at their birth."

"I know." Nicole cried. "I slept with him when we split up. But you forgive me for all that." Nicole saw him focus on the words that she said. "Natasha, Marcus and you both married Natasha. You got three wonderful children together. Till the Past year when she began to treat you differently and stated that she loved Marcus more than you."

"What?" Now Max was more confused. "She wouldn't do that. She loves us both." He casted his mind back to when he kissed her in the office. She was so passionate responding to them both. And for forgiving him for getting Nicole pregnant. Which now he realised that he didn't.

"It true." Nicole said earnestly. "She kicked you out. You don't live in the family home anymore. Just her and Marcus." Nicole took out her cell phone showing her him some picture of him and her sitting in a café. "See that is us together. We reconnected not so long ago." She swiped left showing them talking at the park. "That is why I have to sneak in here. She might not let you see your children if she found out about us. She has changed from the secretary you knew five years ago."

Max shook his head feeling an ache start to form behind his eyes from all the information that he is receiving. "This doesn't make any sense."

Hearing a noise from the corridor Nicole stood up putting the mask in place. "Ask your wife if you don't believe me. But know that I am here for you."

She opened the door bowing her head so that Natasha and Marcus did not notice her as she was leaving.

"Max." Natasha sat in the chair that Nicole just vacated Marcus moved a small chair over from the side of the door to sit on the other side of his brother. "We just spoken with the doctor, she states that they are going to run some tests on your motor functions but other than that you are fine."

Max gave Natasha a tight smile letting all of what Nicole said sink in. "Natasha, are we broken up?"

Natasha blinked, her eyes flickering over for a moment at Marcus. "No." She answered, then and there Max knew she was lying. His heart broken at that one simple word. He loved her with his entire being, but he knew there and then that he could not play second fiddle if all she wants is his twin brother.

Max turned his face to his brother. "She wants to be with you?"

Marcus looked at his brother with confusion. "Of course."

Max swallowed with difficultly all of a sudden, his throat feeling dry. He felt like he living a nightmare, he woke up to find out those precious daughters weren't his. Now his wife is don't want him.

Closing his eyes Max wished that whatever injuries he suffered could have finished him off. His life was not worth living.

"What is the matter Max?" Natasha grabbed his hand pressing her cheek into his palm.

"Tell me the truth Natasha. I know that I am not living with you." He asked his wife directly.

"Of course you are not. We decided we needed some time apart. We are still together, still a family. I love you so much. I know I said some bad words and been aloof. That will all stop now. It was because we been under stress since Marcus was shot." Natasha explained. "I want you home. I need you. I love you."

Max swallowed, what she was saying was making some sort of sense in his brain, however he could not get past the feeling that she picked Marcus over him. Some of Nicole words rung true in his ears.

"I think we still need space whilst a figure some stuff out. My mind is not completely healed." Max looked to his brother. "Take her home."

Marcus dark eyes looked at his brother. "I am always here for you. You do not need to be alone. We are family."