Chapter 40

Third Person

Uploaded on 13-04-2017

Jackson felt his heart pounding in his chest as he ran to the panic room. He never felt so scared in all his life. All he was praying for were for his children to be okay.

As soon as the door opened he rushed into the room to see the girls huddled together on the floor crying, hugging each other for comfort.

"Its okay." He soothed kneeling down in front of them. He gathered them in his arms their tears soaking his shirt. His arms went around their backs rubbing in small circles trying to stop them from shaking in fear. "It is going to be okay."

Jackson blinked holding back the tears that were threatening to fall, knowing that he had to remain strong for his little girls. Standing up he took a hold of their hands leading the out the room.

Jacky stood rooted to the spot shaking her head unmoving still crying loudly with snot rolling out her nose. She used lifter her free arm to wipe it on her sleeve.

"Jacky darling, we need to go." Jackson tugged on her arm.

Jacky screamed letting go of his hand to go and sit back on the sofa in the room drawing her legs up to her chest rocking herself backwards and forwards.

Tina ran to her sister putting her arm around her shoulders. "Don't worry the bad man won't get us daddy is here to protect us."

Blinking a couple of times to keep his emotions in check. Jackson took a deep breath before walking to sit next to his daughters. He picked up Jacky sitting her in his lap noticing that she kept rocking staring into the distance.

Lifting his hand, he began stroking her hair smoothing it back from her head down to her back. "I am here to stop the bad man. He is gone and will never. Ever hurt you again."

"You promise." Tina said quietly leaning her head on her dad shoulder, her little hand holding her sister in a tight grip.

"I promise on my life." Jackson kissed the top of Jacky head then done the same to Tina. "No one will ever harm you again. Daddy is here."

"Hanna!" Justin shouted as she was being rolled into the ambulance. "Wake up darling."

"Sir." The EMT gestured to the seat. "We need you to sit down while we keep her stable on the way to the hospital."

Blinking Justin did as he was told becoming aware that him losing control is not was needed at this moment in time. The man was just about to close the door to the ambulance when it was roughly pulled open.

Hanna father stood there looking striken. "Hanna banana." He lifted his stick attempting to climb into the ambulance.

"Sir, there is no room for you to enter I suggest you find your own way to the hospital we need to get going." The EMT told him trying to close the door.

"That is my daughter there. I lost my wife. I be damned if I am going to lose another." He locked his hand on the handle struggling to get himself up on the steep step.

Justin took a deep breath moving his eyes away from a still looking Hanna. "Mr Adams. Jackson is still inside with the girls. You need to go to him and tell him that we are on our way to the hospital." When he looked like he was not going to do what he asked. Justin looked him directly in the eyes. "Please. She is losing a lot of blood. We need to go."

"Alright." He let loose the door. "You make sure you save my daughter and the baby."

The EMT nodded not saying anything as he wasn't sure that was a promise that he would be able to keep.