Chapter 20

Uploaded on 05/05/16

I heard the machines beeping as I laid on the hospital bed. My mind flashed back to earlier on seeing the black car speed up to us.

Seeing a gun out the window. Hearing the screams as people were shot.

My eyes popped open, I shot up into a sitting position on the bed.

"My girls!" I yelled looking around the room for them.

"Shh..." Jackson grabbed my hand holding it to his chest. "They are okay. They are in the other room with Melissa."

"The baby." My hand went to my stomach. "I lost our baby."

Justin hands covered my above my belly. His eyes looked misty like he had been crying. "Hanna... You were bleeding. From the trauma of the fall."

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have pushed you on the floor." Jackson hit himself on the head. "I should have protected you. Because of me you lost our child."

I felt a tear slip from my eye. It wasn't his fault no one would have known what was going to happen.

I stroked his hand. "It is not your fault." I looked to the door. "I would like to see the girls."

"The doctor says you are on bed rest till we know for sure that you're not going to miscarry." Jackson explained.

I scrunched up my brows. "I already did?"

The twins shared a look.

"She didn't know." Justin said to Jackson.

"I didn't know what?" I asked flabbergasted.

"You were carrying twins again. You lost one baby. The other one is still alive." Justin informed me.

I cradled my tummy again. "I am still pregnant?"

"Yeah." Jackson stroked my arm. "can you forgive me."

I shook my head. "There is nothing to forgive. How do you feel about another baby?"

"We're going to be fathers again? What about Daniel?" Justin asked. "You were in a relationship with him."

I nodded. "We haven't had sex for a long time. Since England."

"Good." Jackson grumbled opening and closing his fist. "It took all my strength not to destroy him."

"Don't talk like that." I chastised. "Daniel has been good to me and the girls."

"Only because you hid them from us." I heard him say under his breath.

I opened my mouth to say something to him. But just closed it instead. There was no point bringing up the same argument as before.

"How is my mother?" I thought back to how I found her shot on the lawn.

She must be alright. She had to be.

"She is in surgery now along with Marcus." Jackson said tightening his fist. "We're going to find out who done this and make them pay."

I let out a sigh of relief. If they are being operated on then they must be alright then.

"I need to see my girls." I began to fuss in the bed making movements to leave. "I need to make sure they are alright."