The Non-Existent Hit List

Start from the beginning

What could be taking him so long?

Justin glanced down at his watch. It was 9.32pm. Surely, it doesn't take that long to grab bottled water out of the fridge, not even for Danny.

Justin bit his lip, contemplating whether it was worth the effort to get up and see what was holding him up. Eventually, he sighed defeatedly before making his way to the kitchen. His hand burned with a fiery desire to make contact with Danny's head for the long wait he had to endure for his water.

"Yeah, I know, but.... uh huh... I understand-"

Justin frowned when he heard Danny's voice seemingly in conversation. He understood soon enough when he entered the kitchen, his eyes falling onto Danny who was stood with his back to Justin. He was looking out the window, a hand leaning on the sink in front of him and the other holding his phone to his ear.

Justin would have made his presence known had it not been for the next words that left Danny's mouth.

"Look, I can't talk right now because I'm with Aaron and Justin and we don't want them hearing, now, do we? So, do me a favour and hang up." The urgency in his voice was easily detected by Justin.

Justin slowly moved further back to hide behind the door. He was not one to pry or be nosy, but when it concerned keeping secrets or lying, he had to know. He despised lying most of all. He listened out tentatively.

Danny sighed heavily, his fingers drumming on the countertop.
"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound so mean. I just don't want anyone hearing me, you know?" He drawled out apologetically.

Justin narrowed his eyes. What was it that he didn't want them hearing?

After a long pause, Danny laughed slightly, shaking his head.
"Don't, please. Babe, don't be angry with me. You know, I hate the silent treatment." Danny pleaded, a joking tone to his voice.

And, if Justin's eyes narrowed even more than they already were, they'd disappear off his face. Or, at the very least, shoot lasers in Danny's direction.