Chapter 10

It was Christmas Eve.
I hadn't heard from Lexi for three days and I was becoming nervous.
I thought I had done everything to try and make her want to stay.
She got her relationship back with her Mum, she made friends with my sister, she had Charlie and me.

I was nervously tapping my feet in the living room.
"For god sake Ethan! Go and see her!" Star said throwing her barbie at me.
"What?" I said snapping out of my daydream.
"We can all tell your worried about Lexi, go!"
Charlie was laughing in the corner and Sun, Moon and Star were staring at me.
So I did.

I got on my skateboard and rode it all the way to her house. When my Mum committed suicide, it would take my mind off of things. It became something I had to do to cope.
I arrived at Lexi's and knocked on the door.
Leanne answered it.
"Ethan?"She said, frowning.
"Is Lexi in?"
"She said she was at your house." Leanne suddenly looked very pale.
She swore and went into the house. She got some shoes on and followed me down the drive.
"Do you have any clue where she might be?" She asked.
I shook my head.
"I'll drive around, and you check places she likes, I'll call you if I find anything."

I skated around town. I don't know if I could cope if Lexi killed herself.
Where was Lexi's special place?
Special?
The hill?
The hill where we filmed the video.

It clicked.
That's where we always went.
I skated to the other side of town as fast as possible.
I grabbed my skateboard and ran up the hill.
There she was.
She had one of my black hoodies on, zipped to the top and hood up. She had mascara under her eyes and she was emotionless.
I went over and she immediately dropped into my arms.
"What are you doing here?" I asked gently.
"I'm scared." She whispered into my neck.
I hugged her tight.
"Scared of what?" I asked.
"Scared of life. I promised myself I would end it all by tomorrow. But I met you, Sun, Moon, Star and Charlie and I got my Mum back. It's hard because I don't know if it's going to last."
I hugged her close thinking.
"I also promised my Dad I would join him up there so he's not lonely anymore and all this good happened." She couldn't finish her sentence without sobbing.

"Lexi. Your Dad wants you here. He wants you to live your life, go to space, have a family, do anything you want to do. I'm here for you. I will NEVER leave you. I love you and this is crazy but I'll love you forever. I will help you through this. We will get through this."

Lexi looked up at me.
"Promise."

"I promise."