Chapter 8

Ethan's POV

After two months of recovering, me and Lexi were going back to school. We got loads of stares especially since I had quite a lot of scars on my face.

There were two more months until Christmas, and I felt like I was running out of time.

I had science first.

I walked in and sat in my usual seat next to Lexi.

"Hey." She whispered.

"Hey."

"So today we a going to be discussing the winners of the star project." The teacher said.

Oh crap!

I looked at Lexi. She hadn't moved.

I nudged her.

"WHAT?" She whispered.

"We didn't give ours in."

"Your Dad did."

Good one Charlie.

"The winners are..............Alexis and Ethan!" He said.

Lexi's face lit up.

We got up, received the information and it said we could take five people with us.

The information showed a luxury villa in Italy. It had it's own pool and was next to the beach.

Lexi's smile was priceless. I wish she would always smile this big.

"So your taking Sun, Moon, Star, Charlie and who else could we take?" Lexi said.

"Your Mum."

She looked uncertain. "I don't know."

"Maybe a holiday is what she needs."

"Okay, but your asking her with me."

So instead of going to my house like we normally would, we go the opposite way to Lexi's house.

We drove to the street of council houses. Since Lexi didn't have a car, I could park in her drive. It was all concrete and no grass.

As soon as you walked in you got a strong stench of alcohol and several types of drugs.

"Sorry about the smell." Lexi whispered.

We walked over loads of ignored bills and letters and went into the living room.

Lexi's Mum was lying on the sofa in her pyjamas eating a packet of crisps and watching TV.

"Alexis, pass me the TV remote." She asked.

Lexi passed her the remote.

So she doesn't like her name because her Mum calls her that. Noted.

"Mum, this is Ethan." Lexi said.

Her Mum looked up. "Leanne."

Her Mum looked like Lexi just a darker skin tone and brown eyes instead of green.

"Are you going to stand their and watch me?" She asked me, raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry."

"Mum, me and Ethan won a project which mean we get to go to Italy. Ethan's bringing his Dad and three sisters, and I was wondering if you wanted to come." Lexi said, passing her Lexi's copy of the information.

The mention of Italy made Leanne play attention.

"Count me in."

"Mum. Ethan's sisters are five. No alcohol, no drugs, no swearing." Lexi said, carefully.

Leanne looked pissed. "Seriously?"

Lexi nodded.

"Urgh fine,"

Lexi looked shocked.

"Okay then, me and Ethan will be upstairs."

"Don't get pregnant."

Lexi rolled her eyes.

To my surprise she took my hand and dragged me upstairs.

Her room was pain but comfortable.

"That's weird."

"What."

"She's never in a good mood, and she would never stop drugs, alcohol or swearing for two weeks."

"Maybe she's desperate to get away."

"Maybe. Want to watch a film?"

We had eaten more than three bags of chocolate, two tubs of ice-cream, five packets of crisps and a whole packet of fish fingers.

"I can't eat another thing." Lexi said, groaning.

I laughed and finished off her bag of crisps.

"Jesus." She said.

We put another film on and it was starting to get dark. The TV was the only thing lighting up the room.

I decided it was time to move another step with Lexi.

She was beautiful, funny, goofy, amazing and everything my Mum said to look out for in a girl.

I pretended I was falling asleep and leant onto Lexi's shoulder and pretended to be asleep.

It must of worked somehow because before I knew it we were kissing.