Chapter 7

I was in lots of pain.

Most of my skin on my back was not there. I had terrible burns covering my skin. I had no shirt on and an oxygen mask covering my mouth.

I was in a hospital room. Sun was curled up asleep on the chair next to my bed and there was clothes all over the floor. Someone had tied my fringe into a tiny ponytail on top of my head. No-one but Sun was anywhere to be seen.

"Psttt." I whispered.

Sun didn't move.

I grabbed a pink hoodie that was on the bedside table next to me and threw it on her.

She woke up and sat up.

"Ethannnnn!" She said tiredly. She got up from the bed and hugged me lightly.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Daddy went to get everyone McDonalds. I wanted to stay here with you."

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked.

"Seven and a half days."

I looked at her tired, adorable face and smiled.

"I missed you. Dad wouldn't make us fish fingers." She pouted.

Fish fingers.

That night with Lexi.

Lexi.

"Sun, Where is Lexi?" I asked.

"She is in the room next door, Moon and Star are with her." Sun said.

"Shall we go and see her?"

"The nurse said you weren't aloud to move."

"Well, let's be naughty."

Sun smirked and walked out of the room. I followed her down the corridor to Lexi's room.

She was asleep, snuggled up with Moon and Star.

Lexi looked absolutely fine except a few scratches on her arms and a small burn on her cheek. She looked like she hadn't slept and had been crying a lot.

Sun poked Lexi's foot and she opened her eyes immediately.

"ETHAN!" She jumped up and threw her arms around my neck. She began crying and apologising over and over again.

"SORRY! SORRY! SORRY!"

I went with my gut instinct and cut her off with a kiss.

She seemed shocked, but kissed back.

I smiled and Sun, Moon and Star fake gagged around us.