Chapter Thirty-Four: You Make Us Better

*Princey's POV*

I looked around at this dark castle, feeling mighty unsettled, and yet oddly... comforted? All of these sights: the spider curtains, the cobwebs, the stuffed kitten, I feel as if I've seen all of these things before. How can that be when I've never been in here before?

Thomas was seemingly amazed at Anxiety's room, how dark and spooky it was, the Tim Burton feels it elicited.

"One of the darker corners of my mind," he mused. "The source of all my worries, and fears and--"

"Nightmare before Christmas." Logic added.

I spun around and gasped upon seeing the most glorious posters I had ever seen; Jack and Sally, arguably the best Disney couple ever! This was such a gorgeous piece of art... yet, this too, felt familiar. I also seem to distantly recall having a discussion with Anxiety about this very movie. Have we ever talked about this? Doubtful. I don't think we've ever carried on a conversation longer than the length of the average YouTube video.

While I was preoccupied with posters, Morality was having a small freak out about the printed spiders on the curtains behind him. I was the resident Spider-killer around the Mind Palace, and it was my duty as such to rid our living space of any creepy crawlies.

"Those are just silly cartoons, they're not even realistic" I assured him. "But if need be, I will destroy them for you, Patton." Anxiety may get miffed at me for annihilating his curtains, but it was for a good cause. Spiders were little eight-legged devils and it was silly to use them as decorations.

"Alright, but if this is room," Thomas nonchalantly asked, being completely unphased by the spider situation, "Where is Anxi--"

"What are you doing in my room?!" A familiar, gruff voice called out.

His sudden appearance caused a cacophony of screams from the three of us, mine being a tad more, erm, high-pitched than normal, but he frightened me! It was a natural reaction!

Thankfully, Thomas seemed to have an epiphany once Anxiety appeared. He finally took note of his raggedy hoodie and his trainwreck of a hairstyle. I tossed him a brush, happy to have the old Thomas back, although I wasn't that happy when he threw the brush back at my leg! Jeez, Thomas, look where you are throwing things!

"For some reason, I wasn't feeling your presence at all." Thomas explained, wanting to get to the root of why Anxiety hadn't shown up.

Anxiety explained that he was officially leaving. Could he actually do that? He's a part of Thomas, he can't just leave. Can he?

Anxiety went onto elaborate, claiming that he didn't feel wanted, like we didn't appreciate his presence.

"Well, surely, you knew that we were just preparing ourselves for the worst po--" Oof, that wasn't particularly nice. I should recant my statement.

"Okay, ah, maybe I could rephrase that. We were just tensing up because we knew that something bad would--"

Anxiety did an exasperated stance, a deviation of my usual gesture and I could tell he was still angry. I realize we weren't ever particularly welcoming towards him, but this feels so sudden. Did this have anything to do with what happened at the pond?

"Look, it's just that you're never really fun, and--"

"Roman, shut up." Thomas interjected. Ugh! How rude! I was just trying to explain myself.

"Look, I am the creative side, not the fluffy, cutesy, kind wordsy side... so..." Having tact wasn't my wheelhouse. I am the dreamer, okay? Nothing less! I'm sorry if Anxiety couldn't see that I was just doing what was best to maintain my prime objective.