Chapter Twenty-Four: Relationship Etiquette

*Anxiety's POV*

"Anxiety...wake up," I heard a voice purr in my ear while a finger prodded at my side. I huffed at the annoyance and turned away, tucking my head securely into the area between my seat and the door. Mmm, uncomfortable, just like my pillows at home.

The nuisance chuckled and I felt it poke me once more, earning what I intended to be a growl, but came out more like a kitten purr.

"Leave me 'lone..." I mumbled. "Wanna sleep." I begged the voice. A full twelve hours at Disney with a literal prince had taken its toll on me. That was a lot of fun and a lot of sunshine and my body could only handle so much of those two at one time. I didn't remember a whole lot from after we left. Princey was all weepy because he didn't want to leave and I just wanted to get off my feet. I finally dragged the weepy royal to the car and as soon as I climbed in, I passed out.

Those hours really flew by, because I still feel exhausted. I need like a thousand naps.

I thought I finally had convinced the voice of that, because I didn't feel it poking me anymore.

What I did feel, moments after, however, was all my weight being shifted out of the car and onto a broad shoulder.

My world had been turned upside-down, quite literally, because I was now staring at the ground, and there was an extremely large butt obstructing my view.

I growled a bit, most certainly awake now and rather irritated with the voice, otherwise known as my boyfriend.

"Put me down, Roman. I can walk." I mumbled as I tried to wiggle out of his grip to no avail; my body and muscles were still weak from just waking up.

"I know you can walk, but you wouldn't wake up, and this way is more fun." He said, undoubtedly with a smirk on his face, readjusting me on his shoulder and his hand secure on the back of my thigh, causing my cheeks to flush red.

"Ey! You watch those hands, Mister." I scolded. Any higher and we'd have a Shrek situation going on here.

"Alright, down you go." Princey finally agreed, gently setting me down and his hands remaining in appropriate places as he did so.

"Thank you." I mumbled, pulling my jacket up more onto my shoulders.

"Of course. A prince is always a gentleman, and gentlemen are mindful of consent." He said, with a bow.

"Good to know... the bow is a bit unnecessary, we don't live in the enchanted forest." Much to Princey's dismay, I'm sure. "Besides, if the guys saw you carrying me, they'd know for sure we were on a date."

"They... did know we were on a date." Princey said, squinting at me somewhat, as if that were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Wait, how did they know? I didn't--" My eyes grew wide and then hard set when I realized what he'd done.

"You told them." It wasn't a question.

"Well, yeah, I didn't think--"

"Exactly! You didn't think. What if I wasn't ready for them to know about us? Huh? Did you even stop to think about how I might feel about you outting us to them? Did you even ask me if it was okay? No, you didn't. That's bad relationship etiquette, Princey You just went around doing whatever you want and--"

"Anxiety." Princey silenced me by placing a hand on my arm, a gentle hand. I had a feeling he wanted to kiss me, but the fire burning in my eyes told him to tread lightly here. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know you wouldn't want them to know."

I glared at him. His eyes were soft and caring, but I was still fuming.

"I am not ready for this. I'm not ready for Morality to gush about us, I'm not ready for Logic to spew some statistics about how we're most likely going to end up breaking up, I'm not ready for Thomas to make us to the boyfriend tag on his channel, I'm not ready for the world to know about us!" I tried to make him see where I was coming from. I couldn't handle this. Not now. I waited for him to blow up at me, to whine about how I was embarrassed to be with him, which couldn't be farther from the truth for the record. If anything, he should be embarrassed to be seen with me.