Chapter Twenty-Two: Fearless

(Potential trigger warning: panic attack/roller coaster anxiety.)

(Also! A friend of mine, chrisrod665 is posting a brand-new story tonight on Wattpad! He told me some of the plot and guys, omg, it's lit af. If you like action/sci-fi/gay ships, yGo check it out! He's uploading at the same time as me and he's an amazing writer! He assisted me on one chapter of this fanfic! Check it out and give him a follow while you're at it! :) okay, no more promo, read on 😊 )

*Princey's POV*

"Anxiety, are you sure about this? The line is really long. We could head over to the Matterhorn first if you--"

"Nope! This one. I'm sure." Anxiety nodded in finality and gazed up at the ride in awe. I so desperately wanted to talk him out of this, but the look on his face was like an excitable child. I didn't want to ruin that for him. He just looked so happy and peaceful, like whatever demons usually plagued him took the night off. I shot a glance up at the aptly named tower and swallowed down the bile I felt rising in my throat.

I can do this. I can do this for Anxiety. I shifted my gaze to him and I know he hates admitting it, but he is capable of smiling. He has a beautiful smile. Everything about him was beautiful. He may try to make himself seem small, try not to take up space and go unnoticed, but I always notice him.

I notice how, when he's bored, he uses his sweater paws to entertain himself. I notice how he always hums along to the theme songs of television shows, I notice how when he yawns, he just looks like sweetest, sleepiest little teddy bear you've ever seen.

I was awoken from my daydream when I felt Anxiety pulling on my hand and practically dragging me into the creepy foyer of the ride

I was awoken from my daydream when I felt Anxiety pulling on my hand and practically dragging me into the creepy foyer of the ride. I took in all of the horribly ominous props; the terrifying cobwebs, the daunting bookcases that were surely some sort of secret passageway to a horrifying dungeon, and worst of all, the paintings with eyes that seemed to follow me everywhere.

Mindlessly, I began to drift closer to Anxiety, particularly, when we were inside the small room where they narrate the history of the tower. Just watching the footage was beginning to frighten me, so much so that I found myself gripping the ebony material of Anxiety's jacket. Thankfully, it was such a large piece of clothing that he didn't notice. At least, I think he didn't.

What was meant to be a standard, hour and forty-five minute wait for the ride felt more like fourteen seconds. Before I knew it, we were being lead to the elevators and strapped in. I gulped a bit and yanked the yellow strap as tight as I possibly could, causing me to emit a stifled grunt.

"You okay, there, Princey?" My companion piped up from the seat next to me. I dared not meet his eyes; I couldn't show him my weak side, not while we were on a first date. Admissions of deepest fears are best reserved for fourth dates.