Chapter Eighteen: Parallels

(Credit to the co-author I used for this chapter: @chrisrod665 Thank you for the help! Go follow him!)

*Princey's POV*

I stiffened when I heard Logic and Morality burst through the door. How would I explain the awfully compromising they had just found Anxiety and I in? On Logic's bed. Half-naked. About to kiss. 

"What are you two doing in my room? I got the alert on my cellphone that someone had entered my dwelling." Logic pressed, analyzing Anxiety and I carefully. 

"Well, Anxiety fell, and I--

"Oh my gracious! You poor little cinnamon roll, are you alright, Anx?" Morality ran to the side of the anxious trait, fretting and screeching at all the little injuries he found. 

"I'm fine, Dad, geez." Anxiety groaned, turning away from Morality's fatherly concern. 

"He fell off of his desk and he didn't want to go to the hospital, so I brought him in here to dress his wounds." I told them truthfully. The almost-kiss wasn't exactly planned. 

"Oh, you poor dear," Morality cooed, smoothing some of Anxiety's hair back. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yes, 'M fine, Patton. Promise." Anxiety told him, gently pushing his hand away. 

"Okay, well, as long as we have established that everyone's health is at an acceptable standard, can we proceed to the next topic of news now? It concerns Patton and myself." Logan asked, or rather demanded, looking awfully eager to talk to us.

"Sure, what is it, guys?" I asked, standing from the bed and offering a hand to help Anxiety stand up, which he surprisingly took. 

"Follow me!" Patton squealed, grabbing Logan by the hand and rushing out into the living room. 

I turned back to look at Anxiety as just as he was pulling his shirt back on. 

"I wonder what this is about?" I asked him.

"Not a clue." He mumbled, walking out the door, before my hand caught him. 

He look stunned at my stunning gesture, peering up at me through his fringe, his eyes laced with curiosity. 

"Let's talk after, yeah?" I asked quietly. Logic and Morality didn't need to know our business. 

I saw a ghost of a smile grace Anxiety's face as he nodded, pulling his hood up onto his head and walking into the living room. 

"So, what's this about?" Anxiety demanded, plunking down on the lone recliner and stuffing his hands in his pockets. 

 I glanced up at Morality and Logic, who were smiling like ninnies on either side of the TV screen as I took my seat on the couch. Morality looked like he was about to burst into tears of joy and Logic looked as if he had just gotten a new calculator in the mail.

"Well, kiddos, Logan and I have been keeping something from you for quite some time now and lying is wrong and awful, but we weren't sure what was the right time to tell you. We didn't know how you would react, but this is a safe space, full of love and happiness and rainbows!"

"Er, rainbows, Morality? I told you before, they are just light--

"Okay, Mr. Bill Nye, why don't save the science lesson for another time?" Morality sassily remarked. 

"Apologies, proceed." He shot a smile Morality's way. 

"Okay, kiddos. I think it's time you knew: Logan and I are in love! We've been together for the past year and we are just so head-over-heels for one another that we couldn't keep it a secret anymore!" Morality screeched, almost jumping up and down like an excitable puppy.