Chapter Thirty-Two: Forget Me, Forgive Me

*Princey's POV*

I had searched the entire house for Anxiety. It's almost like he wasn't here, but he always stuck around the house after videos. I was hoping to ask him what the hold up was with moving in, but I couldn't talk to him if I couldn't find him.

I had knocked on his room twice earlier today, but I figured one more time couldn't hurt, as I've searched the entire Mind Palace already.

I stepped up to the jet black door and tapped my knuckles against the wood, hard enough to ensure he'd hear me.

I waited a few moments, my brows furrowing together when all I heard was silence.

"Anxiety?" I asked, knowing that if he was indeed inside, he would have heard me.

"Anxiety Sanders." I said, louder. I just... I had this sneaking suspicion that he was inside.

"Hey, sunshine, it's me." I announced with another knock, hoping that an alternate nickname would get his attention. Even though I only used it once, in a mocking fashion, it was my favorite. It was so perfectly paradoxical for him; he couldn't be any cloudier, yet he brings the most sunlight into my life.

I carefully pressed my ear to the door as I could have sworn I thought I heard some shuffling coming from inside.

"Come on, Hot Topic, I know you're in there. I need to talk to you. I haven't seen you all day," I leaned back and scanned through the halls, making sure we were alone, as Anxiety still wanted our relationship private and I respected that. "I've missed you." I said longingly, my palm resting on the door.

I felt my spirits lower a bit after he still didn't answer. Had I done something wrong? I bit my lip nervously as I feared I may have inadvertently hurt his feelings. I immediately thought back to the video, fearing he may have taken me seriously when I said I didn't like him. My brain was beginning to swarm with possibilities when I heard the locks shift and the door partially opened.

I looked curiously at the crack at the door and the one brown eye I could see, enveloped by darkness all around. It was practically pitch black in his room.

"Hey, there are you are." I said in a relieved breath. I placed my palm on the door to nudge it open further, but I felt resistance. His hand, on the other side.

"I don't really feel like company right now, Roman." He said plainly.

I tilted my head to the side and glanced at the speaking eye curiously.

"Anxiety, what do you mean? I thought we were going to start moving your stuff in tonight?" I asked, concern beginning to set in. Was he having second thoughts?

"I'm just not feeling good. My stomach hurts and I feel dizzy." He told me in a soft voice.

My eyes widened in concern and I attempted to take another half-step inside, but I was again stopped by the door.

"Are you alright? Are you running a fever?" I asked, reaching my hand out to touch his forehead, but he quickly moved his head away.

"No, 'M fine, Roman. I just need to rest. I know we had plans, but I'm just not up to moving tonight."

"Well, that's alright. It doesn't have to be tonight. We can just relax and watch movies. I can even make you some soup, I know a really good recipe--

"Roman, I said no!" He hissed, leaving me on the other side of the closed door with just his harsh words and my broken heart.

----------

I tossed and turned in my bad that night to fill the hours, unable to think of anything but my love. Why was he acting so sullen all of a sudden? Was something bothering him? Was it the video? Did Logic or Morality or I say something to offend him? It must have occurred to me at least 100 times to knock on his door, to press for an explanation, but I knew better than that. I knew when he truly didn't want to be disturbed.