18

r i l e y

I felt a sudden tension between Calum and Luke so thick that you could cut it with a knife. As we all stood in Derek's kitchen waiting patiently until Ashton woke up, I swore I saw Calum send Luke a few death glares.

If looks could kill.

"Can someone just wake him up?" Michael piped up, breaking the silence. He exhaled slowly and pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

Luke's face broke out into a smile. "I'll do it."

He grabbed a huge pot from one of the cabinets, filling it slowly with tap water. He ran his fingers underneath the flow occasionally, making sure that it remained cold.

"Follow me," Luke ordered, and we trailed behind him as he tiptoed to the living room where Ashton was still fast asleep.

In a sudden motion Luke tipped over the pot right over Ashton's face, making water spill onto the couch as well as the floor. Ashton jolted awake with his eyes wide open in shock as we doubled over in laughter.

Luke scurried out of the room quickly, trying to leave unnoticed. Ashton groaned in rage and looked around the room, noticing that Luke was missing.

"Luke Hemmings, get your ass in here right now! I'm going to kill you!" He shrugged the blanket off and chased after Luke, and all we heard was footsteps pounding up the stairs.

Michael clapped giddily and smiled. "Looks like we're finally going home! Someone leave a note for Derek thanking him for letting us crash."

"I'll do it," Calum spoke for the first time, going to the kitchen to find a pen and paper.

Michael's eyes followed Calum out of the room until he was out of sight, then stepped closer to me with a concerned expression. "What do you see in that?"

I shrugged as he huffed, letting out a huge breath. "You know, I'd go with Luke."

"Too bad it's not your decision," I answered levelly, watching as Michael sat down on the couch, careful to avoid the wet parts.

"You're right, but I can try to get you to convert. You know, to the religion of Lucifer."

"I'm not becoming a Satanist, Michael."

"I'm just teasing, hey!"

I shot him a glare as he smiled weakly. He was too adorable for his own good.

"Done," Calum announced, coming back into the room with a piece of paper. He placed it on the coffee table and I peered around him to read what it said.

Thanks, asshole. xoxo

"Subtle," Michael commented with a smirk.

He turned to look at me and mouthed something along the lines of, "I see why you like him now."

✿❀✿❀✿❀

c a l u m

I wanted to wait with Riley until I made sure she left safely. Stupid and unnecessary, I know, but I could never be too careful after a party.

Luke and Ashley--or was it Ashton?--came back downstairs after ten minutes, and Luke was clutching his balls with both hands.

"Why is everyone going for the balls?" Luke moaned, and Ashley/Ashton smirked trimphantly.

I could see Riley stifling a laugh as well, making me wonder what ever happened to his poor balls.

"Let's go," Ashton called, and they started to file out of the house.