Chapter 35

Justin

I cannot believe what I'm see here. My father is alive. He doesn't look good, but he's alive! I don't know whether to hug him or curse him out. I just decided to ask the question that's been going through my head since I saw him.

"H-how are you alive?" I stuttered.

"It's a lot to explain. I can't really tell you now." He looked around and continued, "I'm not supposed to be around you. You weren't even supposed to see me."

"When can you start to see me? It's been so long, since we've last seen each other. They told me you were killed." I said. I didn't even notice that Jessica was holding my hand. When I looked at her she was pale as a ghost.

"I-Is my brother still alive?" Jessica asked.

"Who's your brother?" He looked around and stared at Jessica.

"James Miller. He was on a base camp, I don't know which one, but his camp was bombed and everyone died." Jessica said trying to hold back tears.

"I know him. I promise the both of you guys I will explain everything. Give me your number Justin and I'll let you know when we can talk." I gave him my number.

"I'll see you soon, Justin." And with that he walked away.

I let the breath I was holding in, go. We just stood there for about a minute before anyone decided to talk.

"Let's go. We can talk about this at home." Megan said.

Christian pulled me and Megan pulled Jessica to the car. Christian drove us home. We realized that Jessica's parents were home.

Megan and Christian got out the car, and went into the house. It was just Jessica and I.

"I know it's a lot to handle with everything but if you need anyone to talk to; you can talk to me." I rubbed his hand and got ready to leave but Justin pulled me back.

"If you saw your brother.... what would you have done?" I looked at her. I know I had tears in his eyes.

"I don't know. It's hard think about that. I always thought I would never see my brother again. But there is a slim chance that my brother still isn't alive." She said truthfully.

"Okay." Its was silent for a minute after that, until I spoke up, "do you want to tell your parents about the baby? Or do you want to
wait?"

"I think we should wait a couple of weeks, until we at least get out of the first trimester safely." She said whilst looking at me.

"Okay. Let's get in the house before your parents think something is wrong."

We both got out of the car and walked into the house. Emily and Christians sister was asleep on the couch.

The smell of tacos was in the air. Jessica and I walked into the kitchen to see, Mr. and Mrs. Miller in the kitchen. Christian and Megan were in there as well.

"Hey! Are you two hungry?" Mrs. Miller asked.

"No I think I'll be fine for now." I said. I walked out of the kitchen and into my room.

Jessica
"What's wrong with Justin?" My mom asked.

"Um. We saw his father today. He won't tell us anything, until he gets the "ok" from his boss he's not aloud to say anything." I spoke. "There are some other things between us that are going on."