Chapter 17

{Justin}

I was livid. I had to go to the hospital with Jessica and they let me take Emily with us. Fucking Robbie punched Jessica in the face and she hit her head off of one of the tables. She started bleeding and I panicked the police officer escorted me to the hospital. Robbie is in jail for physical abuse and is not allowed around Emily, Jessica, my mom and I.

I called Jessica's parents and they said they were on their way. I also called my mom, Josh, Christian, and even Megan. Emily fell asleep ever since she got here.

"Justin! How is she doing? What happened? Why is your face so bruised up?" Jessica's mom asked.

"She's in surgery she hit head off of a table and they are trying to fix the problem." I said looking down at Emily.

"What happened?" She sat next to me and took of her jacket.

"We were hanging out and we were about to leave but we saw Emily. She had all of these bruises on her I kind of freaked out. The only reason why I stayed in that house was to protect her but ever since I got kicked out he has been beating on her. Anyway I went to go confront him and he was with another chick and not with my mom. Then he called Jessica a bitch, I lashed out. We fought and the police came and we discovered more bruises on Emily and I got mad again we started fighting again. Jessica broke is up but Robbie socked her in the face and she hits her head on the table and blood started gushing out of her head so we came here." I was in tears. All of this was my fault. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't my fault.

"Justin sweetheart I know you are blaming yourself. But this isn't your fault. You guys didn't know she was gonna get punched. Look on the bright side you get to have Emily back the doctors said that she is fine." Mrs. Miller hugged me from the side giving me an assuring look.

"Who's here for Miss Jessica Miller?" One of the doctors asked.

"We are. Is everything okay? Will she be fine? Is she awake?" Mrs. Miller asked.

"She is fine, but she has slight memory loss. She remembers something but she won't remember others. All you guys have to do is not pressure her to remember but surround her with things that she might remember." The doctor said. "As of right now she is wide awake she slightly remembers what happened, but not every thing. But everything else looks good, her blood pressure, heart rate. You could go see her now."

"You wanna come in with me or want to wait after I'm done." She looked at me with concern.

"I think I'm gonna wait until you are done so you mind taking Emily in there too she is starting to wake up." She nodded her head and took Emily in her arm and walked away.

I can't believe she has slight memory loss. I know the doctor said it was temporary but it freaks me out cause she's probably gonna be afraid to look at me or even talk to me because she doesn't remember me. I was gonna tell her  that j liked her and I wanted to take her out to dinner and ask her to be my girlfriend. I had a plan and everything. But I can do that now cause she doesn't remember me.

On the bright side Robbie is in jail for abuse and assault. I honestly don't know what to do now. I'm going to talk to her in hopes she remembers me.

I got up and walked to her room. Well here goes nothing.

{Jessica}

Everything was dark. All I saw was darkness. I was beginning to get scared because I kept hearing this beeping noise. I wanted to figure out what it was.

I slowly opened my eyes but quickly shut them from how intense the light was. I was abled to open my eyes fully and realized I was in a hospital. But why?

"You're awake. I'm Dr.Wilson. Do you know why you are here?" The doctor asked.

"No but my head hurts a lot. I don't remember anything. What happened?" I started to panic because I don't remember why I'm here.

"You are here because you hit your head really hard. The reason as to why you don't remember anything is that you have temporary memory. Everything will be back to normal in no time." He checks my heart rate monitor and some other stuff and writes it down. "Your mom is here in going to talk to her about your situation." With that he left.

I just sat there, I didn't know what to do. I can't remember a single thing. I'm starting to freak out I don-

"Jessica! Hi sweetheart how are you baby?" A women walked in with a cute little girl in her arms.

"The doctor told me that you have temporary memory loss and to surround you with familiar things but you will be in the hospital for one more day so here I am." She said with a beautiful smile. "I'm your mother by the way. And this cutie is Emily she would staying with us for a while." She said sitting the little girl down.

"Do you know why I'm here? I can't remember anything." I looked at her she had a worried look on her face.

"I can't tell you what happened but your friend Justin can he was there when it happened." She adjusted her sitting position so that she was leaning on the side of my bed. "The doctor said your memory should be back within a week, so we aren't gonna pressure you to remember anything. Okay?" I nodded my head and looked at the wall.

There was a knock on the door and this young looking guy walked in. My mom walked to the door with the little girl and left. Now I'm alone with this guy that I think I don't know.

"How are you feeling?" The boy asked.

"I'm fine. May I ask who you are?" He furrowed his eyebrow in confusion then realization.

"I'm Justin. We are friends you used to hate me but now we are really good friends."

"Oh yeah. The lady said something about you. You were there when I got hurt what happened may I ask?" I sat up straight as he sat down next to my bed.

"We were hanging out today and we happened to run into my stepfather and my little sister. The girl that's with your mother. Anyway I saw that she had bruises on her and I got angry so my stepfather and I got into a fight. The cops were called. She had more bruises on her back. I was furious. We fought again you broke us up but he punched you and you hit your head really hard on the table." He looked at me and caressed my face.

We sat there for a minute in silence. It was pretty awkward because I can't remember anything and I don't know this guy. A least I think I don't know this guy. I'm honestly confused and tired I don't know what's going on.

"I think I should go to sleep. My head kind of hurts." I said. The boy got up stretched his muscles walked to the door.

"I hope you get better" with that he left. Soon after I fell into a deep slumber.

_________________________

Thank you for reading I appreciate it. I'm working g on a new book I don't know when I would start posting but why I do post I hope you guys like it.