Joy

Adriana's POV

"We do have some news that both you and Ms. Santiago should know.." The doctor starts. This starts to worry me. "Before Adriana here gave birth to the twins, her heart rate began to slow down and she lost a lot of blood, but this blood wasn't entirely hers." He stops as if he's waiting for us to realize what he means. I look down to think but then I look back up to the doctor once I figure it out.

It can't be.

"I had a miscarriage, while giving birth? Is that even possible?" I question. I look at Anthony who has the same confused look as me.

"It's very rare, but yes possible. We looked at your past sonograms and realize that we were only able to tell that you had twins because the baby that died was about an estimate of 8 months younger. I'm assuming with how big the twins were, it didn't survive. I am very sorry to tell you guys this during such a happy moment, but I knew you would want to know why that happened earlier. Do you guys have any questions?" He finishes. We shake our heads and he walks off to get our family members. Silence falls between Anthony and I.

"So, we were supposed to have another one on the way, but with the birth of the twins, it died?" Anthony says, breaking the silence. I look at him and see he's in deep thought. I take a deep breath and speak up. "Baby, come here." I signal him to come and sit on the bed with me. He sits down with Angela still in his arms. He looks at Angela and how she grabs his finger and smiles a little.

"I mean, we're blessed that we had twins, but it's still sad that we actually lost a baby. Our baby." He looks at me with watery eyes. I'm still a hormonal mess so looking at him tear up is just gonna bring a bunch of waterworks. Man up Adriana.

"All we can really do is just thank god for our new blessings, and just pray that the baby looks over us from now on. It'll be fine Anthony," I adjust myself on the bed so I can be closer to him & caress his cheek. "I love you, okay? Yes, it's sad but we can't let that stop us from being happy about our twins." I bring his face to me so he can look at me and I wipe his tear away. He smiles and leans it to give me a kiss. "I love you more." He says against my lips. I smile widely and kiss him again.

"So twins wasn't enough for ya? You guys are like rabbits, always fucking." Johnny comes into the room with Alex, Ed, my mom, Anthony's mom, & his sister, Laura, following behind him.

"Shut up Jonathan. Don't think I forgot what you said earlier." I remind him about what he said while I was on the verge of giving birth today. He laughs and blows me a kiss & I pretend to smack it away, he looks at me with a hurt expression and puts his hand on his chest. "Ouch." He says. I start laughing as I put my attention to Alex, practically drooling over Angela.

"You good there Alex?" I ask him, still laughing.

"She's so pretty," he says dragging the end. "But I can't tell who she looks like."

"She looks like the baby boy, duh." Laura says with a straight face. I snicker at her smart remark and how Alex looks at her.

"What are their names?" My mom questions.

"Anthony Janziel & Angela Maliyah." Anthony says proudly.

"You just had to make it a junior, corny ass Dominican." Ed states and the whole room starts laughing except Tony's mom.

"Ay si, ese corny ass Dominican también es boricua. Ese imbecile se cree que es solo Dominicano." She says as she smacks Tony's arm, making everyone laugh even more.

"Mami can you enjoy that I just gave you two more grandchildren? Diablo." He says as he takes baby Anthony from my arms and places him in her arms. She laughs and takes the baby in her arms. Sooner or later, a tear falls from her eyes.