I'm Always Here

Tony's POV

Tonight's the night! I hope everything goes well, I want this night to be the best for her. With what I witnessed last night, her life must've never been all peaches and flowers. But to be able to see her smile through all the pain she caused, on herself, proves to me that she was, and still is a fighter. It was 5:30 and I was wearing something casual, nothing big. I had on my black leather pants with a sleeves tank, and a light black jacket on top with my silver high tops and my original gold chain. I looked into the mirror and remembered what I told myself the other day from the concert....

"Gustosoo... Don't worry Tony, someday a miracle will happen. A lovely one too."

Is this it?

Adriana's POV

I started to get ready for tonight since I'm going to dinner with Romeo tonight. He texted me that he would be here in 15 minutes, so I put on the final touches to my outfit. I decided to wear my gray skinny jeans with leather on the knees, my white tank with a leather pocket, and my black high tops. He said wear something cute, so this to me is cute. Around 5:58 he texted me that he was downstairs, so I grabbed my jacket and phone and went down. I saw Romeo against the car down and his eyes grew when he saw me. Does he really find me that attractive? I don't know, I got down the stairs and he reached up to me.

"Wo-wow, Adriana, yo-you look  amazing." He stuttered nervously. My cheeks flush and I know he noticed because he laughed. He opened the door for me and he went the other way around to go in. He started the car and drove off to the restaurant.

"So el Caridad huh?" I asked, trying to make some sort of conversation.

"Yeah, I mean what Dominican doesn't like the food from there?" He looked over at my side and smiled. Gosh his smile is to di- stop it. I mentally smacked myself and just smiled back.

"True, true." The rest if the ride was silent.

"I want to know everything about you, no sugar coating, alright?" He said while keeping his gaze to the road.

"Mmhmm." I answered and nodded my head. We finally got to the restaurant and we got a table in the back, but it was pretty cozy. I ordered white rice with beans and pernil, and Romeo ordered the same.

"So how about you start Romeo, you know with talking about yourself."

"Please, call me Anthony or Tony. And yeah sure," he straighted himself from the chair. "Well, I'm fully known as Anthony Santos, but my family calls me Tony of course. For me I'm independent. Alex always lived with his mom, since she would never let me see him. Because she would always tell him that I left them for my fame. But it wasn't true. When he was born, I was only 17. I felt like a kid, having another one, you feel me?" I nodded and he continued." So I ran off and lived with the boys for two years. And I felt like such a damn coward, fui cobarde. I wasn't thinking straight. So I finally met him at the age of two and his mom and I got back together. And then the day I came back from Henry's crib, the same day Aventura broke up, I found out that was cheating on me. And apparently she was cheating on me the whole relationship, with NY best friend Enrique. God I was so hurt that day. I decided to just quit on love, on everything. I was only focused on my career really, nothing more. I felt lost, then two days ago when I got back home, I found Alex in the middle of my room with a bloody hand mark on his face. I found out that he ran away from his mom beca-because she would always..." He started to tear up and I got up to clean his tears. He smiled and took a deep breath to continue.

"And after that, he's been with me. Don't think of me as a bad guy. I always be believed in a happy ending, that I'll end up with my queen. But I guess it won't happen. The basics really are I like blue, I love Dominican food as you can see, I'm half Dominican and half Puerto Rican, but I act more Dominican than I should be, and yeah. How about you?"

Tony's POV

Adriana sat up straight and started to speak about her life.

"Well, my life is pretty much a rollar coaster, I mean with my twin sister always causing me trouble, my parents always being on top of me, it's just terrifying. My sister always did bad things. She started to drink at 15, and she would do drugs too. And the bad thing about it, was that we're identical. So if she would get in trouble, she would accuse me of it and my parents always fell for it. I hated my life. I used to be type chubby in high school, so kids would always make fun of me, call me names, so and so. And it brought me to the fact that I was depressed." I had a feeling this is the part where she would break down, I sat up and looked into her eyes.

"So I would just stay in my bedroom right after school and just cry to myself. I thought I was worthless. And then I got a boyfriend, Zac. And I really thought that he liked me, hell love me even. But when we went out to dinner one time, I went back outside and found him against the wall, kissing my best friend, who kissed him back." Tears started to fall from her eyes and that was my cue to stand.

"I started to cut, my wrists, my thighs, everything. Then one day, I woke up from my depression. I realized that I needed to be strong, that I can't let a bad day make me feel like I have a bad life. Besides, I'm not in the position for someone to lov-"

"That's what you think.. You've been so used to someone not loving you.. What you don't understand that loving is easier than trusting someone" I cut her off.

"..but...I can't.. I can't have you... You can't see me in this state.." She started to cry harder. I got up and stood her to face me.

"I don't care. Cry your ass off. I'm not going too tell anyone. And if you feel uncomfortable, then oh well because this is going to be happening from now on.." She laughed at my statement and looked up at me.

"What , me crying?"

"..well yeah.. But no.. Me being there for you.." Her tears were falling faster now.

"To think you were an asshole." I chuckled and patted my shoulder.

"It's free.. Go ahead and cry.." I opened my arms for her and she sobbed on my shoulder. I hugged her back and her grip to my jacket strengthened.

"I'm here, I'm not leaving you." She cried harder and I rubbed her back. I can't believe how much shit this girl has been through. From now on, I'm gonna be her shoulder to cry. I didn't give a crap about my jacket being soaked by her tears, for all I know, it's the one thing I'll have of her affection. I'm not leaving her side. Relationship or not, and she could go back to hating me too. But I didn't give two shits, I was going to become her protector.