Two

Monty's P.O.V

"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I exclaimed.

I had just collided with a total stranger in the street and split my boiling, hot coffee all over him like the complete idiot that I was. I immediately pulled out napkins from my pocket, desperately dabbing the mans chest in an attempt to soak up the coffee. The stranger took a step back from me, wincing as he shook his head and gave me a nervous smile.

"I'm fine, was just a little hot was all." He said quietly, shrugging his shoulders awkwardly as he looked down at the floor.

The boy was absolutely stunning, clearly quite young with his shiny, blonde hair that was messy, his sparkling blue eyes and skinny physique. I took the time to take in what he looked like, with a guitar case slung over his shoulder and shabby, dirty clothes the boy had looked like he'd seen better days.

"Honestly I am so clumsy, here take this. " I apologised once again, pulling out my wallet and taking out a $20 bill before raking my eyes over him and pulling out another one.

The boys eyes widened as he shook his head, placing his hands up as if to say no. I just smiled and stepped forward, grabbing his hand gently and placing the pieces of paper in it.

"It's the least I can do, see you around kiddo." I said softly as he thanked me profoundly before scuttling off.

I wished I could of spoken to the boy longer, gotten to know him, ask about his guitar and where he was from- he seemed interesting. But sadly, like many of the other people around me, I simply didn't have time to stop and chat. I had to get to work.

I owned one of the hottest new bars in the city: 'Monty's'. Not the most original name but it seemed popular with people of all ages in New York.

Walking quickly I cursed to myself, knowing I should of just caught a cab in the morning instead of deciding to walk. Usually I loved strolling through the city, the buzz of the people and the crisp morning air but today it was just beginning to irritate me as I rushed to get in on time.

Luckily I had just made it through the door as the rain began to trickle outside, I shrugged off my blue blazer and chucked it on the counter at the bar as my assistant hurried over.

"Good morning Mr. Orson, you made it just in time." My assistant, Claire, beamed as she smiled happily at me. I simply nodded and chuckled lightly, running my fingers through my dark curls and waited for her to tell me what I had planned for the day.

Claire placed down a folder in front of me. I opened it and flicked through the pages, examining the new menu I would be introducing into the bar, a list of the kitchen staff I would be hiring  and pictures of the new furniture we had picked out.

Monty's was known as a night club and whilst it was very popular already, I wanted to expand and improve. So I decided to start opening during the day as well, having tables and chairs out and food on offer- almost like a restaurant.

A family establishment in the day and a students dream at night.

"This looks good. I want to get some sofas as well to put in the corner and some TVs for the walls. They'll be good for daytime and a great way to advertise at night, we can get companies to sponsor us if we play their products on them." I explained to Claire as she pulled out her notebook, quickly scribbling down what I was saying before stalking off to her small office to set to work.

I decided to go to my own office, a large room at the top of the bar that overlooked the space below. After scaling the spiral staircase I opened the door, surprised to see my father sat comfortably in my chair, his feet up on my desk and a small glass of my whiskey in his hand.