Chapter Thirty-Six

"Top box please, Your Grace!" The Showcase Master tittered to Serena. Gary rolled his eyes. It was the little man from Coumarine. The one he had to tell off. The man caught sight of Gary, who smirked, and the man seemed to turn a brilliant red color. A taller man he didn't recognize was standing next to him.

"What did you do to the poor guy?" Naomi asked, giggling.

"Scared him shitless at the last Showcase we were at." Gary replied, chuckling.

"Why?" Naomi giggled.

"He was demanding for Serena to show up, but she couldn't because her, Ash, and the others were back in Shalour. They couldn't make it because they had been injured in the Cyllage Arena explosion."

"Oh." Naomi giggled again. "He's terrified of you."

"Mhmm." Gary replied. He turned to Dawn. "You can do it, okay?" He muttered. Dawn nodded. She was fired up. "I'll see you after the Showcase."

"Yeah." Dawn walked away, distracted. Gary sighed, looking after her. She was more distant with him, and he wasn't sure why.

"Top box!" The Showcase Master squeaked.

"Come on guys." Serena giggled, following the Showcase Master and the Arena Manager up the stairs. Ash grinned and followed his girlfriend up the stairs.

"This is so cool!" Luca exclaimed, Lyla at his side. "You get to watch every Showcase from up here?" Bonnie giggled and nodded.

"The perks of being friends with the Kalos Queen." Bonnie smiled, her eyes closed and head tilted to the side. Luca laughed.

The rest of the gang followed them upstairs, and once they got to the top box, took their seats. Serena and Ash were next to each other in the third row, and Naomi was sitting with Gary next to them. Clemont and Korrina grabbed the second row seats, while Lyla, Bonnie, and Luca claimed the front row.

After everyone in the entire arena was seated, the lights dimmed. Glowing lines appeared, rising from the ground. "Allo! I am Monsieur Pierre, and I will be your announcer on this fine day!" The lights came back on, and the blonde announcer appeared. "The Theme Performance will be a fashion show! Performers will have 10 minutes to dress up their Pokémon, and once the clock runs out, they will emerge from these rooms behind me and walk to the end of the stage! After all three from each group have walked, you the audience will light your glow casters and vote for the performer who will move on to the free performance! Are you ready?" The audience cheered. "Alright then, our first three Performers are Dawn, Maya, and Selene!"

"Dawn's up first!" Gary exclaimed. She appeared in a pink gauzy dress with her Loppuny.

"There are 10 minutes on the clock, begin!" The doors to each studio closed, and the Performers could be seen rapidly putting a costume together. Once there was a minute left, the windows darkened.

"Performers! You have one minute to put on your finishing touches!" The clock struck zero. "Hands up and materials down!" Monsieur Pierre announced. "First up, we have the lovely Selene and her partner, Roselia!" The first door opened, and a girl with russet hair and a black dress appeared, waving. Her Roselia had a black top hat, white bow tie, and a black dress kind of like its trainer's. It's blooms were dressed up with a string of pearls each, and a delicate golden chain, hanging like a chandelier. It was really pretty. People cheered as the trainer and her Pokémon made their walk.

"Next is Maya and her Espurr!" A girl with short blonde hair appeared, and she was wearing a red princess-like dress. Espurr had a delicate chain around its neck with a beautiful charm hanging off of it, a crown, and a flowy red dress that trailed behind it. The cheers for this Performer and her Pokémon were slightly louder.