Chapter Twenty-Four

The metal door slammed open, jarring Serena from her restless sleep. "Delphox let's go!" The fox Pokémon burst out of her pokeball, snarling as she crouched in front of Serena protectively.

"Isn't that cute?" A Team Flare grunt asked his partner. His partner was a girl, maybe Ash's age or a little older, and she looked bored.

"Shut up Darrel." She snapped. Serena gasped. This girl had the same fire in her voice that Ash did. Come to think of it, she had the same shade of ebony hair that Ash did, but her eyes were an emerald color. "Call your Pokémon back or I'll let my Mega Absol rip you apart." Delphox was already tired from previously, when they tried getting out of here. There were several explosions that blew up in her face, and covered Serena in ash and soot. She wished she was covered in Ash instead of ash. Serena didn't want her Delphox any more hurt.

"Delphox, return." Delphox was her strongest Pokémon, but she had a mega evolution of her own she wanted to keep in her back pocket. The girl called out her Absol anyways, a cruel smirk finding its way to her face. Serena gasped, the Pokémon's colors were reversed. It's fur was black, while its face, claws, tail, and scythe were white. The grunt called out a Skorupi and a Hondour.

"That's an Absol?" Serena asked. "Aren't they usually white?" The girl smirked again.

"Mine's special." She said. Serena glared at the girl, putting it behind her. She couldn't get over how eerily similar the girl and her Ash were. It was hard to glare with such hatred.

"What do you want anyways?" Serena snapped.

"Giovanni and Lysander want to see you. I volunteered to accompany this twat because Grunts can't fight for shit."

"Hey!" The grunt, Darrel, protested.

"Shut up." She snapped. "Come on."

"I'd feel a lot more inclined to cooperate with you if your Absol wasn't looking like it was ready to attack me." Serena snapped irately.

"We can't always get what we want, huh?" The girl asked cruelly. "Come on, before I have you dragged." Serena sighed angrily and stood up, walking towards the door. The Skorupi gnashed its claws together and the Houndour growled, but Serena wasn't frightened. Her Pokémon, on the other hand, had a different story. Ninetales appeared suddenly from her ball, growling at the Houndour, who yelped. The Absol growled at the sudden appearance of the large fox Pokémon.

"Ninetales!" Serena scolded angrily. "I don't want you getting hurt!" Ninetales looked back at her trainer as if to say Are you kidding me? and then refocused her attention on front of her, growling at the slightly bigger Absol.

"Call that Pokémon back or I will attack." The girl threatened.

"Do it then." Serena challenged. She twisted the top of the ring on her finger so it was facing down, gripped in her palm. It was surprising that they didn't confiscate it when they abducted her. The small tail decoration on Ninetale's center tail flashed inconspicuously. The black haired girl growled angrily, but didn't attack.

"You're lucky Giovanni wants you unharmed." She hissed. "Your Ninetales can stay out, but if you try anything I will not hesitate to launch an attack at you directly."

"Yeah okay." Serena snapped. She didn't however order Ninetales to do anything, she new they wouldn't get far, even if she called out all her Pokémon.