Chapter 20-A Very Krembly Chapter

Ding Dong!

"I got it." I tell my mom.

I walk to the door and spot Mia and Barittani in cheer uniform, through the peephole.

"Aw guys!" I exclaim.
I walk outside and close the door.
"I don't think I can join the squad."
"Aly! I'm sure all you're flexibility will come back. It's really all muscle memory." Mia explains.
"Yeah, for sure! So listen, Girl. We are meeting at Krembly Prep, our rival school because the boys have a game there today. We are going to all silly string and T.P Evan Sugary so he will look like a fool before the game!" Baritinni tells me.
"Even better, the boys are starting this interstate tournament. So now all these other teams from all over the country will witness Evan Sugary the weirdo!"
"Krembly Prep? My parents actually want me to go there..That's why I thought I couldn't join the squad."
"No! They can't do that to you, Aly!" Barittini cries.
"I know..I'm not sure if anything is for sure right now, but I don't even want to think about school anymore. It's all driving me nuts!"
"So can you still come with us?" Mia asks.
"Well..my parents told me I have to visit Krembly, but I can choose any day I want to go. I can pick today." I say with a smile, feeling like an evil genius for thinking this up!
Mia and Baritinni don't need to know this, but I really just want to go to Krembly today as an excuse to see Asher play. I honestly am not so comfortable trying to sabotage Evan. Two wrongs don't make a right.
"Ok, well I'll see you guys later! I should go get ready." I smile.
I run inside quickly so they don't realize I'm not exactly in on the plan.
"Mom." I call to my mom.
"Yes, Aly?"
"I've been thinking about what you and Dad were telling me. You know, I'm thinking I want to visit Krembly Prep today."
Mom smiles.
"You do, Aly? I'm so happy."
Now I feel guilty again..I really need to stop lying so much.
"Yeah, I do. I think it's only fair to check it out."
And by check it out, I mean check it out and see Asher....
"I'm really proud of you, Aly. I'll take you there now."
"Ok thanks, Mom. Is Josh or Dad coming?"
"Um...I think Dad was going to take a Josh to a museum today."
"Ok, that's fine. Don't change Josh's plans." I explain, shaking my head.
-------////------------------------------
We are at Krembly, and let me tell you...this place is really beautiful. The floors are made of stone, the walls are golden, the classrooms are huge, and just everything about it makes you feel as if you are learning in a castle.
Mom and I are waiting in the main office for a student to come and show us around.
"Hello, hello! Are you Aly?!"
Well, there he is!
A tall and slim boy wearing blue slacks, boat shoes, a dark maroon polo shirt, slivery tie, and a grey cardigan approaches us.
"Hi, I'm Aly. Nice to meet you."
"Perfect! Hi, I'm Lucian! Nice to meet you!" He greets me, offering the firmest handshake I've ever experienced.
Wow, this guy is super put together and really good looking! His reddish blonde hair is combed neatly, his face is flawless, he's at least six foot two, and he has the prettiest hazel eyes I have ever seen.
I'm sorry, Ash, but Krembly is looking pretty good so far.
"So I'm Lucian, I will be a senior this year specializing in computer systems and repair..so like programming, engineering, and hacking, and I have been in the Krembly school system since middle school . I absolutely love everything about Krembly Preparatory, and I'm so excited to show you around!"
I smile.
"Thank you, Lucian. I'm excited too..." I say slowly.
Wow, this Lucian is really distracting. I'm supposed to be focusing on how to get out of this and find Asher, but this Lucian kid is really pulling me in!
"So before we begin, is there anything specific you want me to show you?"
"Yeah, can we see the gym?" I ask.
"The gym? I'm a bit surprised about that, Al." Mom tells me.
"Oh, it's totally fine! We have a beautiful new gymnasium. Believe me, I'm not very athletic, but this new facility is incredible. I'm picking up tennis and cross fit just to spend more time here because it's so beautiful."
I smile.
"That's great." I say softly.
"I'll wait for you two here." Mom tells us. My mom is not exactly a gymnasium person.

"Hey, Lucian!" I hear someone yell in a phony voice from a distance.
Lucian crinkles his nose.
"Ignore all of them. The Lighten High School boys are atrocious." Lucian whispers in my ear, in a voice filled with disgust.
That's Ash's school.
"Really?" I ask.
"What's wrong with them?"
Lucian shrugs.
"We are rivals and some of them aren't too nice to us..some of us aren't too nice to them...it's a whole mess." Lucian shakes his head.
"Aw.."
"Except some of them are the exception...and by some of them I mean like that guy over there."
I look up and spot Asher dribbling from down the hall.
"He's so frigging hot..." Lucian says slowly.
I feel myself blush.
"I'm sorry..I shouldn't really be talking to you about who's...hot...never mind.." Lucian shakes his head.
"No..don't worry about it. It's just that I  know him."
"You know him?" Lucian starts to panic.
"He's my boyfriend..but it's fine."
"Yo Aly!" Asher exclaims, running over in his Flashes uniform.
"Hey, Ash! Asher..this is Lucian..Lucian, this is Asher..."
Asher stops running, and sweat is still dripping down the ends of his spiked hair. His wet hair looks really cute against his tan freckled skin with his bright grayish green eyes
Asher pulls one ear bud out of his ear.
"Hey, I'm Asher...Aly what..what are you doing here?" He asks as he winks a few times.
"My parents want me to check out Krembly. Just to visit. It doesn't mean I'm definitely coming here." I explain.
"Well I hope it doesn't." Asher laughs as he sniffs.
"Don't make this school look too good, Tour Guide. I want her to come to my school." Asher laughs as he hugs me.
Lucian just smiles.
"Well, I really want to stay with you longer, but I'm on the hunt for Evan Sugary. We have no idea where this kid went. Have you guys seen him?" Asher asks us.
"No...I hope he's ok. I know the girls were plotting revenge, but you didn't hear it from me." I tell Asher.
"Wait what? For what?"
"Because you both wrote that you're single in some magazine." I explain.
"Wait what? Well that was all him. That was not me...I told him he can submit our descriptions to that magazine because I was so friggin swamped with stuff to do. I didn't know he would write that...." Ash shakes his head.
"Yeah I know..." I say softly. "I hope you find him."
"Thanks, Aly..I'll catch you later. Nice meeting you, Lucian. You're cool for a Krembly." Asher smiles as he winks a few times.
Lucian smiles and waves.
"I'm sorry about that. Basketball guys just make me so nervous..." Lucian shakes his head.
"Why? They shouldn't! They're really just people." I shrug.
Lucian shakes his head.
"The last guy I dated was a basketball player. He got me kicked out of my old school."
"What?" I ask.
"I transferred here in the middle of sixth grade because I was expelled from my all boys school. I was secretly dating this star basketball player, and...well our school was not exactly the most accepting. As soon as they found out about two boys seeing each other, we were immediately expelled. I came to Krembly, and they're absolutely amazing. But this kid was so worried about his basketball career being shattered, he moved all the way to the Midwest."
"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. Nobody should ever be treated like that."
"I know. It makes me hella emotional so I'm sorry for tearing up right now."
"No, it's totally okay! It seems like Krembly really turned your life around: they provided a safe environment for you."
"They really did.." Lucian cries. "I really hate crying at work. I'm so sorry.."
"There's really no need to apologize, Lucian. Your feelings are valid, and I completely understand why you would feel so emotional about this. Everyone feels like that, they may just never show it."

"Aly, you made me feel a hell of a lot better. You should really join our peer mentor club, you're so good at helping people."

"Thanks, Lucian.."

Ring ring ring!!

"I'm sorry my cell phone is ringing right now." I sigh.
"Go for it, it's ok."

"Hello?"
"Aly..."
"Uh, yeah, who is this?"
"Aly, this is Evan...can you tell Asher that I can't make it to the game today?"
"Um...sure...is everything alright?"
"No..."

I cannot believe what Evan tells me next....