Camp Half Blood: A Salty Sequel//Chapter Thirteen

Cole's POV:

About a month ago:

"I carried you for about a week back to Camp from Khione's Castle, Frostbite. You're one heavy sleeper by the way."

"I'm well aware. I've been beaten quite a few times for it."

"Wait what? By who? Who hurt you?" I became immediately worried.

"Cole, calm down."

"Who, Myra?" I asked. She didn't reply to me. I knew. I clenched my fists and grinded my teeth in anger. "It was Khione, wasn't it? I swear to the gods.... I'll-I'll....." I was furious.

"Cole don't." She said trying to calm me down.

"She conditioned you into thinking different thoughts! I bet that's what she did, the little snake. Myra, I think I know what can help you get you're real memories back, but you have to trust me." I had thought of a solution, and it was crazy. I didn't exactly know how to pull it off, but Myra can't be expecting anything.

"This sounds sketchy, Cole. Maybe you should just take a few minutes to cool off..."

"Do you trust me or not, Myra?" I asked even though I knew the answer.

"Of course I trust you."

"Then let me do what I have to do."

"Alright..." I took her hand even though she had a suspicious look on her face. It just might work. Afterwards, I left Myra with Will to go gather Rose, Ben, and Nathan. They're the only ones I could trust not to tell Myra anything. I finally found all of them and got them together. Rose brought us to her cabin to her new, separate, bedroom underneath the cabin that had an illusion ceiling of being underneath the ocean. She exclaimed Percy has been building it for months now. Ever since she first left as a matter of fact. She said it was the perfect place to talk since there wasn't anybody around. We all sat down on the various places to sit throughout the room.

"So why'd you want to talk?" Rose asked.

"Well, I think I may have figured out how to get Myra's memories back." Everyone got excited.

"Seriously!? That's amazing, how?" Ben asked surprised.

"Well, I was just with her and we were talking. She kinda told me that Khione torchered her. It was probably horrible..." I trailed off trying to hold back my sorrow.

"Cole? You okay?" Rose said in a concerned tone.

"Yeah yeah, sorry. Uh... as I was saying. With Khione hurting her in such a way, she may have conditioned her to these horrible memories of you guys. But... maybe we can reverse it. Remember, she wanted to kill us all at the castle?"

"Yeah, what about that?"

"Well... I was thinking, maybe if Myra had the choice, she would grasp her memories. So she tried to kill us because it was the only way to get those memories. Like, maybe she knew how to get her memories back without even knowing it." They all gave me confused looks.

"So, you're suggesting letting her kill you all?" Nathan asked confused.

"No... well not exactly. We could just make her think that we're dead."

"And how exactly are we going to do that?" Rose asked. We all had the same expression. We were stumped. Then, Nathan spoke up.

"Wait, I've been working on a hybrid plant with my powers that does this kind of thing. Basically, when you consume it, it stops your heart temporarily. I was planning on using it for future quests just in case something happens. You know, always trying to be prepared for the worst."