7K Special-Wizard of Oz AU [Pt 1]

Start from the beginning

"No, I don't."

I hummed, my bottom lip jutting out. "So if I remember correctly the people we were exploring with were Prussia, England, America, Russia and Canada."

"Sí."

"Our first priority is to find them, then we can find a way out of here. Did you learn anything else?"

Italy nodded. "The place we're in right now is called Munchkinland. There's a wizard named Oz who might be able to help us get back to the mansion."

"Good idea! He's in Emerald City, right? And we have to follow a yellow brick road to get there?"

"Yes. Yes, ragazza. How did you know that?"

"Well, I was exploring one of the rooms and then I found this book..." I trailed off and gasped. "The book!" I got down on my knees and searched the ground frantically, but there was nothing to be found. "Italy, have you seen a book anywhere here??"

"No, I didn't. Is it important?"

"I think it's what got us into this mess in the first place. It's probably our way out." I hung my head and sighed. "Sorry..."

"Nonsense. Cheer up, (Name)! We'll find that book along the way, I'm sure of it."

"Yeah, okay." I stood up and nodded. "Should we go now?"

"Okay! Oh, hold on." Italy flicked his wrist, giving his wand a wave. My backpack materialized in front of me, dropping into my arms. "There you go. Your sword should be in there. Speaking of your sword, we have watch out for someone called, 'The Wicked Witch of the West'. He's supposedly my rival. The witch is aiming to get your sword."

"Ah, that's right. The Wicked Witch is the antagonist in this story." I pouted. "I hope it isn't one of the others. Then I would have to fight them."

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." The tips of Italy's lips drew downwards as he patted my shoulder. He reverted his frown back into a joyful smile. "You need to blend in to this world. That hoodie isn't going to work. I put together a little outfit in there for you, come along. You can change in this cottage I've been staying at..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is this really necessary?"

"Awww!! That looks so good on you, (Name)! You should wear dresses more often~"

"No, I really shouldn't."

"Oh, don't be shy."

I breathed out softly, tuning out the rest of Italy's compliments, which were starting to make me uncomfortable. I twisted my neck to look at myself in the mirror once more.

I wore a dress with frills at the end and suspenders, both with a blue and white checkered pattern. I also had with a white undershirt that poofed up like a pillow around my shoulders. Italy let me keep my sneakers, but he insisted on styling my hair into pigtails and tying it with blue ribbons. He said it, "Matched with the country girl look," whatever that means.

Fortunately, he accepted my request for an outfit that concealed me more, apologizing a lot and saying that he should've taken that into account before, which I was thankful for. He designed the undershirt to have sleeves up to my wrists. He recreated my short cut socks and made them up to my knees, meeting the end of my dress perfectly.

"Try using your sword. I want to make sure you're still comfortable."

I unzipped my bag and unsheathed my sword.

"Whoa!"

Like my clothes, my sword went through a transformation. The blade was drained of its silver color and replaced with a beautiful ruby red. It shone like a gem in the sunlight. Its tip was sharp and looked pre-sharpened like it was when I first laid my eyes on it, not the dull shape it had become after fighting all those monsters back in the Oni mansion.