Chapter |24|

A/N I wrote this when I was tired so I don't know if it makes senseeee haha I'll go back and edit it I got some arrow to watch rn fam

~Ana's point of view~

"Okay, but that doesn't make sense? If we don't know the subject ourselves how are we supposed to teach our classmates?" I asked beginning to feel irritation build in my veins.

My irritation seems to make Celeste chuckle, she clicks her pen before writing something down in her notebook causing me to look at her with amusement.

"Subject is in denial that the project is easy." She clicked her tongue at the top of her mouth before biting the top of her pen as her blue eyes met mine. "Do you need me to explain?"

Why did I agree to do this project with her again? I hate her and if she hasn't forgotten.. she hates me as well.

"I just don't understand?" I admitted that I was confused.

"Okay so," She sat next to me so she can show me how to do this. "To get M you need to multiply and square six." Pointing at the answer.

Silence filled the space between us as I looked over the problem tired and confused, until after what seemed a while it finally clicked in my head and I understood the problem a smile genuinely growing on my face then fading as tiredness hit me.

I ran my right hand down my face, "Oh.. that was right in my face this entire time. Sorry Celeste I'm just tired."

"It is kind of late, nine o'clock." She had closed her book and slid it back into her bag, she turned back around to look at me again and somehow she had changed.

Not like she was an entire different person...(which I wouldn't mind very much, I would like it if she were nice to me more often) It's just that her attitude and the way she would look at me was completely different. Just in two days of working with me.

Danielle does not know that I am working with Celeste and I just keep avoiding her because if I told her or if she knew I was working with Celeste she'd think something was up like I was planning something I have no clue.

"Why are you and your friends always so rude to me?"

"Its difficult to say.. you're just one of those girls who fits the whole nerd scene." She said scratching her neck. "But you're starting to not look like one, especially when you wear your hair down."

"I saw you and Dani in the parking lot in the morning on Monday."

"What's wrong with that?" Completely oblivious to what had happened on Monday.

"She was fingering you Diana."

Taken aback I question her,"Why were you watching?"

I don't know if I should be creeped out or offended or? What?...

"I wasn't, I just was passing by and saw then continued on my way into the school."

"Don't tell anyone because I'm not out." Running a hand through my hair stressed.

"That's fine, I do everything else but out people." She said making me roll my eyes, of course.

"Dani and I used to fuck."

"What?"

"Yeah, um she kind of is and was a player.. just keep that in mind when she comes over next." We walked out of my room.

Why is she telling me this stuff? It's like the universe just doesn't wanna give my girlfriend and I a break.

"I think you should go." I cleared my throat walking down the stairs.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She said shutting the door behind her and as soon as I did that it was as if I wanted to fall asleep right there.

'Hey.. can we talk??' I received from Danielle and not to be rude but she was the last person I wanted to talk to right now.

I didn't even respond to her message, the only thing I had done was walk up to my room and go to bed after getting into a shirt and shorts.

I woke up to knocking on my door and I groaned, "Honestly can you not? It's," looking at my alarm clock to check the time and I practically jolted out of my bed and put black skinny jeans on, a dark blue hoodie that has the words San Francisco written on it, my dad got it for me when he went to San Francisco with his.. new family.

I'm still not used to the fact that he left my family for a new one, who the fuck does that? He didn't even say goodbye. And to top it off I don't exactly like my moms boyfriend, he's ok but that's about it... he's always mocking my music.

"Ana you're gonna miss the bus! I'm assuming that Dani isn't coming to pick you up because she hasn't for the last three days." My mom says from my door.

"I'm almost done."

I put a hair tie on my wrist and brushed my hair out so that I actually looked decent then rush out my room, headed downstairs and grabbed a piece of toast mom already had made for me. "Thank youuu!" dragging the 'you' out as I ran to the door shutting it and locking it behind.

Turns out the bus was about to leave my bus stop until I ran and Pauleen opened the doors for me, now we are at the school and I am walking down the hallway when I see Dani at her locker.

"Hey." Giving her a small smile.

She stopped looking at her notes in her notebook to look up at me tiredness written along her features.

"Are you done avoiding me?" She said in a soft, hesitant way that made me feel guilty for not spending as much time with her as I should have been.

I don't even know why I was avoiding her, I made up this whole scenario that would happen if she had found out I was working on a school project with Celeste; she would freak out and be mad at me but now that I think about it, she can't do that because it's a school project.

"I'm sorry I... school and then work I.." I'm stuttering out incoherent words to my nervousness of not knowing how to apologize because it isn't exactly my number one thing I do. "I didn't.. mean to." I said calming down avoiding her eyes knowing if I do look into her eyes I'll be vulnerable.

"You've been busy I get it..." Danielle closed her notebook putting it in her back pack then shutting her locker.

"I'm serious, I've been working on this math project with Celeste." I said showing her my notes.

"What? You've been working with Celeste?"

"Not out of free will... teacher assigned us together." So I told a small tiny lie, but it wasn't exactly a lie because it's kind of true we were the last people we actually could work with to be honest.

"Okay.. I understand."

"I'm sorry Danielle."

"It's okay I'm not mad." She said giving me a warm smile and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What's wrong?"

"I decided that I don't want to go see my dad yet..."

"That's okay, if you're not ready you're not ready I'm not blaming you."

"I'll go when I'm older.."

"That sounds like a good idea, may I walk you to class?" I questioned and she nodded her head giving me the smile she always gives making my heart skip faster.