Soul watched as the world before became brighter, more alive. Outside through the window, those dull trees he despised for most of spring and summer, became lush and flourished with hues he had never come to know until now. Looking back to the girl he trucked down, her wide green eyes looked right into his soul and touched it to its deepest core. He had to clenched his chest, afraid his heart would burst from this emotion, the deep connection with this girl he had only just met. He figured he should probably say something because just staring at someone you just ran into is not cool at all. He took out his headphones which were strung through and under his shirt, letting them dangle, "I'm so sorry, that was totally my bad." He offered her a hand, to which she took, her hands were soft and warm, just like her eyes. He lifted her up. "Are you okay?" Those lively eyes flickered at him, and he almost didn't care to not look cool for once in his life. It's finally happened. He met his soulmate.

-

She couldn't really bring herself to look away from his eyes. They were all too incredible and after not being able to see this color for nearly 18 years, she wanted to know every aspect of this color and see it for what it really was. "I-.. No that was my fault. I wasn't looking." She laughed weakly taking his hand bringing herself to her feet to at last get a good look at his face. He looked so tired and laid back. He was like every kid in high school that simply didn't give a shit about their grades and skipped all the time. And although Maka refused to judge a book by it's cover, that sort of stereotype didn't match with her personality at all; but she pushed the thoughts away wanting to know him for who he was rather than what she though up about him. This was the man she would be spending a significantly more amount of time with daily and that made her heart swell with so much heat and joy. "Should we-.. I mean.. C-can I.. Hug you..?"

-

Soul was taken back by her question. He blushed slightly and tried clearing his throat to cover it up. He wanted to shout "FUCK YES?" And embrace this girl with all his strength and never let go. But at the same time, how lame would that be? Her eyes sparkled before him, filled with such wonder and joy. How he wanted to just become lost in them. He was captivated by this new found "green" he was hidden from his whole life. "Uh..yeah s-sure, I guess," he finally said as he held open his arms and awaited her hold. They each stepped forward and slowly wrapped their arms around each other. Hesitant at first, but slowly they melted into each other in a warm embrace as if they had been waiting for this moment their entire lives, which I guess technically, they have. Soul closed his eyes as he squeezed the girl, feeling her face bury into his neck. He does the same, taking in her scent. She smelled of vanilla, her fragrance sweet and warm. Soul almost, ALMOST could cry at this moment. He felt so happy and complete. This was the moment he was waiting on. This was what he was missing.

-

Maka kept herself stiff just long enough until she was able to fully feel his arms around her. He certainly didn't look like it, but he was bigger than her. Much more built and far more warmth to give in this little hug that they were sharing. Poor Maka couldn't keep herself from trembling, shaking like a leaf just from sheer happiness and she knew the man she was hugging could feel just how bad it was; and while Soul could keep himself from crying, Maka couldn't. Of course it wasn't anything big. It was anything but, actually. Tears slipped down her cheeks silently not even so much as an increase in her breathing or little crying hiccups. She was just quiet and too afraid to let go in fear of what he would say if he caught her sobbing like a child.
She buried her face into his neck taking in everything that she could before she inevitably had to pull away and reveal her eyes that were now bloodshot and tear stained.

-

Crona watched the couple. He felt awkward just standing there while they shared their moment but, what else could he do? This was hard for him. Not only did he not trust the guy he just met but, he knew by their faces that this was Maka's soulmate which meant there was nothing he could do about it. Crona clears his throat, hinting that he was still there. The snow haired man turns to see Crona and quickly turns, leaving an arm still around Maka. "Oh, uh...are you guys together...?" Soul looks Crona up and down, making him even more uncomfortable than he already was. "N-no. We're just friends," the words hurt more than it should've coming out of Crona's mouth, even though it were true. Soul looks down at Maka then back to Crona, "Oh, I guess I interrupted you guys, my bad. I'll let you two continue then-" Crona saw the sparkle in Maka's eyes leave when he removed his arm around her. "N-no! No, it's fine. You guys continue. I was just headed home anyways..." He didn't want to do that to her. Her happiness meant more than her walking home with him. Even if it was the one thing he looked forward to when he woke up this morning. Crona opens the door and turned back around to see the light brought back to Maka's eyes once his arm wrapped tightly around her, "Just please take care of her, okay?" Crona pleaded. Maka was a big girl, and was very much capable of taking care of herself, but she's also been hurt so much by men in her that Crona wanted to prevent that by all costs. Soul gave a toothy smirk, showing off his razor sharpe teeth, "Don't worry. She's in good hands," he gives her a slight squeeze. Crona waves goodbye and heads out the door, where reality sets back in.

-

Maka hesitated as he asked if Crona and her were together. "No no- we're not-" but before she could finish, Crona was already explaining and soon enough, Soul was moving his arm from her around her to allow them to get back to hanging out and as badly as she wanted to protest, somehow Crona was already beating her to it insisting on giving them time together.
"I'm so sorry, are you sure you don't mind..?" She felt horrible mostly because she knew Crona was upset. Of course he was. She promised the day to him but she would at least hope that he would understand considering the circumstances.
Crona simply agreed and wished them a farewell before leaving the two of them alone.
"I- uh.. Hey.." She looked up at this man who still had his arm wrapped around her feeling just a hair nervous after his little flirty remark. "I.. Don't think I ever got your name.." She laughed nervously and awkwardly seeing as how his name should've been the /first/ thing she learned.

-

Soul, taken back by her question, joins her in her awkward chuckles. He can't help but find it hilariously random that he met his soulmate and was already holding as if they had been together a while but yet didn't know her name, nor her his. He unwrapped his arm and tugged at the sides of his jacket "The name's Soul Evans," he gives her another sharp smirk, "and yours, emerald eyes?" 'Emeralds are green, right?' He thinks to himself. Realizing how ridiculously uncool that little nickname sound, he shoved his hands in his pockets hoping she didn't think it was as dumb as he did.

-